Go Pro

Chuck59

Chuck,

where did you want to mount it ? and what vision did you want to get.

I put mine on the console of my RF18 and it captures all of the front deck pretty well. Another option would be to put a mount under your platform and get the whole boat looking forward.

The other thing to do is get a Go Pole or make one yourself so you can place it over the side and under the water.

Cheers Snelly

I saw some guys using an R/C helicopter in Destin for spotting cobia a few years back, before the whole quad/drone craze began. We watched them for about a half hour and when the guy watching the monitor spotted a big one, the guy on the bow made a great cast, they hooked up then got all excited....and the helicopter took a snout-dive right into the drink because the watcher got distracted by the fight just a second too long...LOL. funny as heck

I saw some guys using an R/C helicopter in Destin for spotting cobia a few years back, before the whole quad/drone craze began. We watched them for about a half hour and when the guy watching the monitor spotted a big one, the guy on the bow made a great cast, they hooked up then got all excited....and the helicopter took a snout-dive right into the drink because the watcher got distracted by the fight just a second too long...LOL. funny as heck

dang! that sounds like an expensive fish!!

however, this totally sounds like something i would do.

I through bolted this on the top side of my trolling motor bracket so I can take film while running the creeks etc. It makes for pretty cool videos while running.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Aluminum-mount-adapter-for-Gopro-HERO-strap-bolt-flat-curved-Blue-Color-/261055148355

While fishing, I hold the camera if a friend is hooked up. I'm working on a pole mount to put in the rocket launchers behind on the leaning post, something I can stand on the stern and rotate around while either running, or someone is fishing.

Have you, or any of you downloaded the iPhone app for it? I love being able to control and view from my phone. I can run and see what the GoPro see's from the helm, although there is anout a 3 second dely, you can still make adjustments on the fly. I think this will be handy while on a boom, or telescopic pole.

Some GoPro action my buddies did while in the Bahamas...

Archived