Accuracy of TTL on Yamaha 115 fs

Fishician

I have a Redfisher 16 with a !!5 Yamaha FS and an i pilot.

I am thinking about getting a Power Pole. looking for a 6 ft model since it will fit into the garage without a fuss.Most of my flats fishing is done in 2 to 5 feet of water.

Does a 6ft power pole really anchor in 6 feet of water or is it more like 5 feet. Would I be better off going with the 8 footer and putting up with the fuss of partially deploying it to get it into the garage.

Also how does a power pole compare with the Talon.

As always, your opinions are so very welcomed

How accurate is the TLL meter on this engine? I think I burn about 10% more fuel than the guage indicates.

Thanks for your help

Get the 8 foot. You won't be sorry. 5 on the 6 foot is tough if choppy, current or muddy bottom.

Power Pole over Talon hands down. PP customer service is unmatched.

I have found the Yamaha flow meters very accurate as to total fuel burned. If your MPG is off it may be because your speedo is off as most of them are unless GPS fed.

Ditto Captain Troy on the Yamaha speedometer. If that is not your problem, try this: There are 6 switches on the back of a Yamaha Fuel Flow Gauge.They are beneath a plastic cap which sits at the 2 o'clock position as you look at the back of the gauge. You can fine-tune the gauge by diddling these switches.  In your case, you want to place the first 3 switches in the "down" position. This will correct for a %3 difference between the tank and the gauge, which is the upper limit of the available adjustment. You can find the details of this by Googling "Yamaha Outboard Rigging Guide" and once you've located it, use the index to find "Fuel Management Guage".

Archived