BradM

Pliers / Sheath

That's badass. I have a leather sheath for my pliers as well, and love it. You might post the gentleman's contact info, as I bet others will want one.

• Like 1

Gentlemen, 

Ben King is his name and here's a link to his Facebook page. The link also has his phone number on it, which you can see even if you don't have Facebook. 

On 8/31/2018 at 7:25 PM, BradM said:

Gentlemen, 

Ben King is his name and here's a link to his Facebook page. The link also has his phone number on it, which you can see even if you don't have Facebook. 

Never mind...find him on the facebook all the way out in Jasper lol...Can you give another go at the link Brad? I don't see it....

I saw that on the good 'ol Facebook, last night TripleC. He makes other stuff you or some of your buddies may be interested in, TC.  I'll work on the link tonight. I should have it in the mail when I get home this afternoon, so I will be able to give a review as to how well they come in and out of the sheath. I imagine like any good belt, boots or wallet, it will get better with use. As for that indentation in the middle.....Not sure? I guess I can thumb it over to get them out. I'm not upset about a little added retention at all.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, flatsdoctor said:

beautiful!!

But how do you get them out with that indentation in the middle??

Doc, it is not stitched in the middle just indented enough to give it a bit of retention. If you pull the pliers up it should just slide out. When you put them in, it will ride over the pliers and lock it in, just like a molded Kydex style gun holster.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BradM said:

I saw that on the good 'ol Facebook, last night TripleC. He makes other stuff you or some of your buddies may be interested in, TC.  I'll work on the link tonight. I should have it in the mail when I get home this afternoon, so I will be able to give a review as to how well they come in and out of the sheath. I imagine like any good belt, boots or wallet, it will get better with use. As for that indentation in the middle.....Not sure? I guess I can thumb it over to get them out. I'm not upset about a little added retention at all.

Yup...already working on a couple of orders to send his way...pliers too ha!

• Like 1

So they're home...it's home!!! I honestly couldn't be happier with how it turned out. As mentioned, it's not stitched, just indented. The pliers almost 'click' into place around the hinge/cutting anvils more than the indention between the handles. They're snug in there but it will break in over time...but I do like the snug fit and hope when broken in that there is still moderate tension/retention on the pliers. Ben did a great job on this piece and the last knife sheath he made for me. 

I'll say that when I opened them from the packaging, I put them right on my belt as I chased my kid down the sidewalk on his bike (he's almost 3). Eventually my wife came out and saw them and immediately said "That's nice. How much was it?" in the typical " you bought more fishing 'crap' " tone. I replied "$12 more than the nylon/kydex ones I found on eBay, but with style and class....like having aPathfinder, but different." Discussion closed.....she bought the boat, so she can't argue that. 

• Like 1

Looks good Todd! How do you like that model of VS plier? I don't think they make them anymore...? I keep thinking about buying them when they pop up on eBay, but they look small to me. I like the black with blue thread :D. Did Ben add a loop for a lanyard or do you not use one? I also had a small drain hole added to the inside/hip side of mine. My boat doesn't get skinny, so I wade all the floods, while some people pole through them.

My favorite size of pliers! I think they are discontinued too. I used them offshore but you prob need more pliers. Perfect for inshore. He did add a lanyard hole. Goo catch on the drain...need to have him add that. He is still working on a holster so they haven't shipped yet. 

2 hours ago, Island Style said:

I am in need of a leather one too. I would like one that could also hold a small knife too.

Ben King is the man. I can't seem to link here from Facebook (it's on my end, MOD). Search King Leather Works on Facebook or I can put you in touch with him via phone number; message me through the forum if you need his number. He is located in Jasper, FL which is between Jacksonville and Tallahassee, on I-10.

I contacted Bradm on the forum about Ben and he gave me his contact info. After talking with Ben I sent him my Dozier WWII fighting knife that I bought last year but didn't have a sheath. Ben and I talked and I asked for a clean and simple sheath and let him go. He is a pleasure to deal with and I love the finished product. What do you think?

sv6sus.jpg

11i23j8.jpg

• Like 1