2014 East Coast funament- Beaufort, SC. May 16-17

Eric L

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I put a post in the South Atlantic forum hoping for feedback on the Beaufort funament. When will we have a date set so we can start encouraging people to set the weekend aside. It seems now days everyone sends out save the date cards for weddings before they are actually dating.Planning ahead has almost gotten out of hand.

Mark your calendars for the second annual Southeast MBC Owners Funament on May 16 -17 in beautiful Beaufort, SC. Come join us for some great southern food, friendship and fishing. These days were specifically chosen to take advantage of the best cobia tide of the season. Further details and a link to the registration form will be posted next week.

Sounds like another good time.

Let us know as soon as possible about hotel rooms. If the weekend is going to be that prime time it might get crowded so booking early will be a good idea. It is easyier to cancel a romm than to find one when they are all booked up.

Will be there, hopefully with two other boats.

Charlie,

Could you put the date in the title? That way it will be easier to follow on the forum.

I am definately making plans to attend this one. Would you post the places to stay again. I thought there was a place that had a large parking area to accomodate our trucks/trailers.

thanks

Here are a couple of suggestions where people stayed last year. Barrier Island Marine is also looking into a location more in Beaufort proper that has slip space, but it would be further from the fishing grounds. Most people kept their boats on trailers at Barrier Island Marine, which has plenty of room, is secure and is close to the landing where everyone fished.

I expect to have the registration form and itinerary posted in the next day or so.

Comfort Suites

131 Big John Road (the new one near Zaxby's off of Robert Smalls - Big John is actually like their hotel entrance)

Holiday Inn & Suites,

2225 Boundary Street, Beaufort

• 2 weeks later...

We apologize for the short notice, but due to extenuating circumstances, we have decided to move this event's venue to Barrier Island Marine's Charleston location. We'll still have all the great low country food, superb redfishing and MBC owner camaraderie, but now it will all happen in the shadow of one of America's great destination cities. Please refer to the new thread titled " Southeast Owner's Tournament in Charleston, SC" for more details. Hope to see you there.

Archived