Well I've been replaced lol

djohnson5198

22 minutes ago, dabear said:

Djohnson ,  looks like Santa may need to start looking for a fly rod and reel to fit that boys hands soon . That picture says it all . That’s one happy boy . 

Already got that covered!  Just need to get him on his first Redfish on fly.  The addiction is soon to follow

IMG_1251.JPG

Great job, Dad !

I let my son take the wheel all the time at about that age.. splashing, loading, & running.    It was a risk, but my trust in him was always rewarded; Never a scratch after three boats and 18 years.  He loves the boat still, and they were worth all the investments.

Fishing and boating are a solid activity to help kids successfully grow to adults !

Mod Marc

1 hour ago, Moderator said:

Great job, Dad !

I let my son take the wheel all the time at about that age.. splashing, loading, & running.    It was a risk, but my trust in him was always rewarded; Never a scratch after three boats and 18 years.  He loves the boat still, and they were worth all the investments.

Fishing and boating are a solid activity to help kids successfully grow to adults !

Mod Marc

Hunting and fishing sure beats time in front of a computer for all these younguns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, jensenjeff said:

Reminds my of that Alan Jackson song " When Daddy Let me Drive" If you never heard it, it's worth a listen.

One of my favorites!  Make me think of running around with my dad in my first aluminum Jon boat as a kid.  That little boat changed my life.  

Alan Jackson’s Daddy let me drive song has always brought back some fantastic memories for me . My Dad had a 75 Johnson on a 18 foot Saber boat  . If I started not feeling great he would let me sit on top of the seat and I would drive that thing . It did make me feel like a King . He did the same thing in the car I would drive down all the dirt roads in the field between 65th street in Hialeah and Opo-Locka AirPort miles of dirt roads way before the park or airport enlarged in the early 60’s . I really would feel like the king of the world .Boy I miss that man . Thanks for the memory’s .

This one got started early too.  All he has ever wanted to do was be a Captain.  He was using my john boat (after he got the old Johnson motor running) by himself when he was 10 or 12 (after going through the Coast Guard Safe Boaters course!).   He want to the Maine Maritime Academy, had a job with the Military Sealift Command before he graduated (with a degree and an Unlimited Tonnage CG license), was one of the youngest to ever make Master in the history of MSC.  He recently was accepted into the Apprentice program with the Virginia Pilot Association.  Best thing you can do for a kid is get him/her involved in boating and fishing.  

sc005c6ab903.jpg

PB190031.JPG

IMG_0114.JPG

fullsizeoutput_4cf1.jpeg

Archived