2007 24TE JL 8.8 fit?

jcchapot

I'm running an 800/8 bridged down to 4 channels at 200w/ch. Yes, the 400/4 will work well. Good luck! Just read "older TE" sorry I missed that part. I don't remember, but I think mounting depth is just over 5". I really hope you can make them work as they're night and day over the 7.7's. 

On 8/18/2018 at 2:08 PM, Miss Jazzy said:

Yea I'm running a m400 bridged to 200/2 on two 8.8's. So would go with the 800 like Brad to run 4. Running 4 off the m400 isn't going to be enough power in my opinion. 

How do you like just two 8.8's?  Enough sound or do you wish you had gone with 4 (2 forward and 2 aft)?  Thanks!

The 2 8.8's are plenty. I also have two 7.7's on the sides of the console and can't hear them over the 8.8's. But I don't have any power on them, they are running off my Fusion stereo. One day I'll replace the m400 for a m600 and power up the 7.7's. But to honest you'll be happy with just one pair of 8.8's. They are way more then I ever expected. 

5 hours ago, BCPD199 said:

How do you like just two 8.8's?  Enough sound or do you wish you had gone with 4 (2 forward and 2 aft)?  Thanks!

I can't speak to running two 8.8's, but I know having four all firing inside the cockpit is louder than I want to stand between at full tilt, and I like clean, loud systems on a boat. You almost can't turn the highs down enough while at volume...they're clear and about take your head off.

• 4 weeks later...

That's crazy but that's why I had to use spacers. I needed another 1/2". Both sides were different. One would've fit without spacer but the other wouldn't. There was also a bunch of foam that I had to remove too. Guess every boat is different. The 7.7's are excellent speakers and you'll be happy with them but the 8.8's are night and day different. 

On 9/13/2018 at 6:21 PM, Miss Jazzy said:

Here is a thread I done on the subject: 

I didn't pull the speaker off and look behind the 7.7 but i stuck my finger through the hole where the rod butts go and i didn't feel any foam behind it on the port rod locker.  However, the insert where the rod butts go stuck out behind the back of the rod locker 1/4" or 1/2".  I think that's what the issue was on mine.

The system with a pair of 8.8s and 7.7s is ridiculously loud when running so I am definitely happy with it.  Can't imagine how loud it would be with 4 8.8s.

Archived