Jack Plates on a 2000v P/F

topshelf 2

I have a Bob's 6 inch on my 2000v.  I've never run the boat without it.  You can't run the boat without using tabs though.  I'm honestly wondering how much better the boat would perform if I took it off. ?  I repowered 2 years ago to a Yam. 150 SHO and can only hit 43 - 44 mph .  I see guys saying they see 50mph ... wondering if the tabs and jack plate hurt performance?  

1 hour ago, koondog said:

I have a Bob's 6 inch on my 2000v.  I've never run the boat without it.  You can't run the boat without using tabs though.  I'm honestly wondering how much better the boat would perform if I took it off. ?  I repowered 2 years ago to a Yam. 150 SHO and can only hit 43 - 44 mph .  I see guys saying they see 50mph ... wondering if the tabs and jack plate hurt performance?  

koondog, if you take it off, let me know.  I have been tempted to put one on my MA.

42 minutes ago, redzone1 said:

mine will hit 50 with SCD 4 blade and performs great across the whole rpm range.

and I assume you're not having to use a ton of tab?  I'm leaning hard towards taking it off after hearing your performance and ride quality.  I love the boat but have always hated how much tab I have to use while running it.  I do have a 4 blade powertech prop not sure on the exact one. 

i have my motor all the way down as far as the holes will allow.  sometimes with a full tank of gas and a 65 qt cooler with ice infornt of console i will get some proposing at midrange speed between 35 and 40.  but with an average load i can trim motor up pretty high and cruise with little no porpoising.  i think the power tech SCD prop manages that porpoising for the most part.  i think it is an 18 pitch, i will check this week and let you know the specific numbers on the prop

Archived