WTB Yamaha Talon SS / SS4

Guys I'm interested in trying a Yamaha Talon SS 3 Blade in a 20P or 4 Blade SS4 in an 18P.  If any of you know of a source for one please let me know as they appear to be on back order with all dealers until mid to end of September.  This is for a 4.25" gear case.  Will be installed on a VF115.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

geeviam , do you know of anyone they may have a used Talon 3 blade 20 pitch for sale that djohnson5198 could get his hands on ? He is really having a rough time hunting for the perfect prop . Some are no longer made others are on back order some company’s are not answering e mails , he keeps on running into dead end streets . 

• Like 1

13.50 x 19 PTR3 - Current Prop

13.50 x 21 PRO3 - Ran but didn't perform 

13.50 x 21 Yamaha Pro - Got one coming

13.25 x 21 Turbo1 - Got one coming

I'd really love to get my hands on the Talon SS in 20 or SS4 in 18 or both lol.  Wouldn't be opposed to trying out the FX4 in an 18 as well.  I've still got some interest in the new PRO3 but possibly a drop in pitch to 19/20 and also the new PRO4 from PT but not sure what the ETA on those would  be.

One of these things is bound to work for me......🤷🏻‍♂️

9 hours ago, dabear said:

geeviam , do you know of anyone they may have a used Talon 3 blade 20 pitch for sale that djohnson5198 could get his hands on ? He is really having a rough time hunting for the perfect prop . Some are no longer made others are on back order some company’s are not answering e mails , he keeps on running into dead end streets . 

I looked for a Talon SS 3-blade 20 pitch last night and struck out at all the usual suppliers.  I was surprised to find a seller on Ebay with more than 10 new Talon SS 19 pitch props available, but that doesn't help djohnson5198 here.  Also, I have not yet seen an available Talon SS4, or even a part number for the Talon SS4, on any supplier's website since it's introduction.  I guess there are a few getting scooped up somewhere, but who knows where?  The dealer in Dubai maybe?

8 hours ago, geeviam said:

I looked for a Talon SS 3-blade 20 pitch last night and struck out at all the usual suppliers.  I was surprised to find a seller on Ebay with more than 10 new Talon SS 19 pitch props available, but that doesn't help djohnson5198 here.  Also, I have not yet seen an available Talon SS4, or even a part number for the Talon SS4, on any supplier's website since it's introduction.  I guess there are a few getting scooped up somewhere, but who knows where?  The dealer in Dubai maybe?

I spoke with the EBay dealer that had the Talon 19's to see if they had other sizes that weren't listed but no luck.

Just getting off the water and happy to report the Yamaha Pro 21 ran fantastic!  It turned my HPX into the sports car type handling machine that I was looking for.  Holeshot wasn't too far off what I was getting with the PTR19 which is great.  Considerably more bow lift but more importantly strong enough lift which eliminated the porpoise I was previously experiencing at most of the RPM range with the PTR.  The trim on the motor has become useful again.  I can go full trim without any cavitation and/or blow out.  Handles like it's on rails in the turns.  Speed wise I didn't hit Joes numbers but my hull is the newer cap design which from reports doesn't seem to run as fast as the older models.  I was able to turn 6000-6300 @ 48-49.5 mph.  Mid range handling was also fantastic.  Overall I'm very pleased with the prop and will definitely be hanging onto it.  Turbo1 in 21 is scheduled to arrive early next week so updates on that to follow.  Now time to go load some fly rods in this thing for the weekend😎

• Like 2

Mulligan this new prop took a ride south and has been visiting the Ellenton area for the last few days not sure when it will be ready to come back home . Sometimes things stay in that area awhile. I am not in a hurry so when ever it’s ready to come home is fine with me.  Not sure if I will ever send a prop to Texas for a “Texas tinker” again . There may have been a Texas tinker cover up . 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...