New kid on the block

HewesStalkerKid

Hey guys, I have an 88 stalker that I am in the process of working on. This is my first Hewes. I was wondering if anyone had any information on the Hewes Stalker? The guy I bought it from (for a steal) did not know of the make or any information in regards to the boats specifics because it belonged to his late brother. Here is a picture of when I bought it a month or so back. I've repowered it and done some fibergl*** work since I took this picture. Ill try to get some newer pictures up soon. I'm a pretty young kid at 21 any info or advice you guys could give me about the boat/ restoration and up keep would be awesome. Stoked to be here.

1380726524-IMG_4306.jpg.b7f1a04a5b216c62

Sharp looking ride. I'll admit when I first saw it, I though it may be a knockoff that someone put a Hewes sticker on, but a quick Google search shows that it's the real deal, and there's very few of them around. I did the same thing with my first Redfisher, bought something that needed a lot of love, and after quite a bit of blood, sweat and tears, had a really nice boat. Read everything you can on here, ask a bunch of questions, and you'll have a cl***ic on your hands in no time. Good luck, and echoing everyone else, more pictures!

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

For the new kid on the block.The first Stalker was on the market in the early 1980s. The hull design was buy Chris Krill. No knock offs here.No Mavricks, no Hewes and no anything else. involved.Chris p***ed away about 5 years ago he was a good friend and business partner.We built to order and sold approx.20 boats. Coast Guard certs. letters are KRY. Bob Hewes bought us out in 1987. If you want more info please call 305-761-0239.

Wellcome to the Hewes family , I got the model before yours 1987 Stalker , powered by a 1980 , 115 Evinrude , royal blue and white on the bottom , 4 blade 17 pitch prop , runs about 49 mph on flat water , I got to do my floor soon got some soft spots , but the fishing is too good down here , ocean when it`s calm and everglades for the b*** , tight lines and enjoy the boat , be safe and have fun

• 7 months later...

Well, this boat has found a new home. I am currently in the process of finish a Jeep build and will get on repair and re- rigging of the boat as soon as that is done. I had previously rebuilt the exact same year and model boat and sold it to my neighbor before moving to Tallah***ee. I was lucky enough to find and buy this one to build 10 years later. The hull has been repainted and it will stay the same outside. I have a good bit of gl*** work to finish inside and a repair on the front casting deck around the hatch. It is soft about 10-12 inches out all the way around the hatch. I am going to be putting a early 2000's Johnson 115 on the boat. I will start a build thread for her when I get going. My user name is going to be her new hull name :)

1429474585-11008451_995185120506802_7216

1429474593-11174999_995641280461186_2342

Archived