Sign in to follow this  
Inshore1

Sedek Question

Any idea of cost to seadek inside walls (both in each locker) of both rod lockers on 06 21 MA?  Tired of reels knocking around while running.  Thanks 

The castaway customs guy should be coming by my shop within the next week to scan the Cathey Pathy. Shall I give him the go ahead to get the Mav going as well if you haven’t scooped it up yet? 

On 8/5/2018 at 4:51 PM, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Do it yourself is $150.00! but if you want all the fancy stuff then that adds up. The stuff is really easy to cut and if you can read a tape measure, well, that's the way to go! IMHO.

It really is easy stuff to work with.  If you are close to Fiberglass Florida in Rockledge, they often times have bulk leftover from projects for cheap, limited selection though.  I did my Gheenoe with the leftovers and it turned out really nice, simple routed edges, no fancy faux teak patterning.  I did it all with a straight edge, box cutter and a Harbor Freight trim router. 

I've had good luck matching the side angle of the Sea Dek using a band saw with the table tilted to match the factory angle. Use a piece of scrap Sea-Dek to perfect the angle, the friction of the blade on the Sea Dek will  change the angle slightly and you must adjust for this.

On August 5, 2018 at 4:37 PM, Inshore1 said:

Any idea of cost to seadek inside walls (both in each locker) of both rod lockers on 06 21 MA?  Tired of reels knocking around while running.  Thanks 

I did my rod lockers with the "b" stock sheets of hydroturf for about $50. Not as nice as the seadek I have up top but fine for the rod lockers and a step up from carpet.