Fuse panel?

JPBass

There is a fuse near the battery switch that supplies power to the console. I'm not familiar with your boat, so can't help with which fuse. It should be easy to remove them and determine which one blew. But, like DonH said, you need to determine why the fuse blew. You either have a direct short (positive wire touching a negative wire) or severe overheating of a wire or connection.

Thanks, that’s what I was thinking but there are 3 fuses by the switch, I think two are for the bilge pumps. I’ll figure it out, just wanted some confirmation that I was looking in the right place.

The last switch I hit before everything blew was the powe pole. I’ll start with that. Just not sure why that would blow a main fuse and not just it’s own fuse?

14 hours ago, JPBass said:

The last switch I hit before everything blew was the powe pole. I’ll start with that. Just not sure why that would blow a main fuse and not just it’s own fuse?

some installers (wrong) install direct to the battery with a fuse...

here is what I'd do.

1.) see if engine turns

2.) if yes, you have power to your 1/2/all switch from the battery

3.) if you are blowing out at the BUS, that is most likely at the battery wire going to the BUS from the switch or battery

4.) you mentioned powerpole ?  what is the fuse you had in the panel - you need a 25 amp min

if its not simple fix, take some pictures and maybe it will help.

dc

Yes, the motor turns, the switch is fine. It was the 30 Amp main fuse that blew. It does appear to have been a damaged wire to the power pole that caused it. It was jambed under the battery. Must have done it when I changed the battery. My fault. 😌

I don’t know why it blew the main fuse before it’s own 30 amp fuse. Guess I should change the power pole’s fuse to 25 amp?

4040E2FB-104A-46C5-B936-820157D38EBC.jpeg

Archived