Shout out to HMG

whichwaysup

Several of you have helped me try to track down the elusive removable hatch for my Maverick.   This has proven to be a lot more difficult than I could have expected.    After scouring the internet and striking out, I reached out directly to Great Lakes Skipper, but alas, they didn't have any in stock.    I eventually went up stream and contacted the manufacturer - HMG (Hi-tide Manufacturing Group) to see if I could find what I needed.    

The good news is that they do still make the Jim Black 11 x 15 I needed for my 18 MA, and the good news was that Great Lakes Skipper has 10 on order.    The bad news is that the order wasn't going to arrive for a few weeks and there wasn't anywhere else to order them.    Amy at HMG took my info and promised to follow up with me to see what could be done.   A couple of hours later, my phone rings.

After realizing that the Great Lakes Skipper order would be further delayed and they couldn't put one aside for me on backorder, she found out that they had a few loose units.   They don't normally take orders directly from the public, but she made an exception for me and was able to take my order and have it shipped out.   

As you can imagine, the idea of finally getting the boat back, but not being able to use it because the splashwell has an 11 x 15 opening in it was not a pleasant prospect.   It would have been easy for Amy to simply tell me to wait till GLS got their order.   This kind of service makes a big difference, so a major shout out to Amy and to HMG.   I know that there are a few of you looking for replacement bilge access panels for your boats - great to know there are some customer friendly business out there to support!

Archived