Rabud scupper spacer ?

fishcast

This topic has been discussed a lot in general...  However, a little while back I believe I order the correct spacer and ping pong ball style rabud scupper drain from dusky.

I’m getting around to trying to install it but it seems like the spacers just barely don’t want to fit over the existing stainless drain on the outside of the transom... it’s close, like if I screwed them in it might *** over the drain or hit it with a hammer or something... However, I tend to think I ended up with the wrong size or something.  Any thoughts ? Thanks much 

Make sure you screw the spacers to the hull will good sealant permanent.  Then drill and tap and use small short machine screws to screw the scupper to the spacer.  This allows you to easily remove (clear debris) and reinstall without having to reseal between the hull each time.  

On 7/29/2018 at 7:13 AM, Bamaskeet said:

Starboard works like wood.  A little sandpaper or a Dremel tool will make short work of your issue.

Yep, they can be slightly off....Dremel is the fix.

23 hours ago, RodWorks said:

Make sure you screw the spacers to the hull will good sealant permanent.  Then drill and tap and use small short machine screws to screw the scupper to the spacer.  This allows you to easily remove (clear debris) and reinstall without having to reseal between the hull each time.  

What RodWorks said....

dc

Archived