bernieNC

So the 20 ft Pathy is back

I own a 2000v from 2011 with a 115 Yamaha on the back (this is my second season with it).  

I live up north and fish for about everything but primarily bass and walleye and Ive been fishing the Florida Keys in the spring for ten springs in a row and now haul the boat down  for fishing flats/bridge tarpon, cuda, shark etc. A 20 footer can run big water but seems much friendlier as far as storage/towing/price etc.  

Ultimately, I’m glad they brought back the 20 footer. However, I was hoping it would’ve had some options geared a bit more towards high performance/hard core fishing.  Like I was hoping rated for up to a 250 outboard, bigger livewell options, especially  legit full size rod lockers (offhand looks like a tiny space in rod locker like my current 2000v) etc. Also, it’s not bad idea to have a bit more space in the back cockpit but not so sure about a back deck a person can’t walk across. 

I do really like the inital looks of built in floor storage, jump seats, under gunnel access to long rods and some of the stuff they did.  It does seem like a nice fishing/family/play combo rig. 

I guess what I’m looking for is already really available in the 22’ plus options so sometime down the line that’s probably what I’ll go with when I decide to sell my 2000v sometime down the line. 

Personally, a bay boat is the most versatile/amazing boat made for a multi species angler.  I hope Pathfinder pursues dealers/sales up north for freshwater type markets more in the future.  

On 8/1/2018 at 1:22 PM, slyshon said:

Not the same boat as the 20, not as wide and deeper. 

Skip

Glad to see a 20 back in the line up.

I recognize why the boat got deeper, higher freeboard, etc. (seaworthiness) yet I miss the long and low and sleek look of the "old" 20.  Very sleek, a good looking, slim behind and solid gunwales where a real midships cleat could be mounted.  She was just a sexy, sleek boat.  Of course, I was slimmer and sleeker back then as well...

LAS_at_Flamingo-1.thumb.jpg.083ed2855a37b95d73496936ecbc25cf.jpg

RON_5025.thumb.JPG.98b5fa20841f7300212ca49f8a7cc388.JPG

5b634a09938ec_MissLaurieandfriends-1.thumb.jpg.5ec7a84839a00cfb1bc9f261be52e146.jpg

5b63492db0c4d_RonMissLaurieIIIatFlamingoI.thumb.jpg.e9c48a5071a19534ada4b39ab1348a0b.jpg