Finally, An, "Eagle Catches Fish" Shot

Ron in Atlanta

On 7/27/2018 at 2:57 PM, Ron in Atlanta said:

I've been after this shot for years.

As a fellow Nikonian....that's a once in a lifetime or many years, depending on how much time you spend on the water...

As you don't fish...this is equal to the perfect cast to a tailing bonefish and it eats as the shrimp sinks to the bottom....or a perfect fly cast to a trout that has just risen in a stream.

What are the EXIF data ?

DC

On 8/4/2018 at 8:13 AM, Wanaflatsfish said:

As you don't fish...this is equal to the perfect cast to a tailing bonefish and it eats as the shrimp sinks to the bottom....or a perfect fly cast to a trout that has just risen in a stream.

What are the EXIF data ?

Shot with the new Nikon D850.  Large, fine, jpg file size 29.3 MG.  Shutter speed = 1/1250 sec, ISO 400, f 7.1.  The 600mm to 150mm lens was set at 150mm to make sure bird was in the field of view.  Location = Bird Island, just North of Englishtown, Nova Scotia.

Camera was hand held, image pretty sharp...

5b66ec40579d0_EagleCloseUp-1.thumb.jpg.c46c20251e7ce71d56d8cb79023e807f.jpg

What's a bone fish?  And why would he/she "tail"?:)

3 hours ago, Ron in Atlanta said:

Shot with the new Nikon D850.  Large, fine, jpg file size 29.3 MG.  Shutter speed = 1/1250 sec, ISO 400, f 7.1.  The 600mm to 150mm lens was set at 150mm to make sure bird was in the field of view.  Location = Bird Island, just North of Englishtown, Nova Scotia.

Camera was hand held, image pretty sharp...

How pixel peeper batman !!!   Talk about resolution @ ISO 400....well done Ron !!!  The 150-600 is it a F4 or prime 2.8?  It's been such a long time since I've been in the photo game, I've been out of it for a while...

Yeah...tail'n bonefish doesn't  compare to that shot above :)

Nova Scotia....did you take the boat or hire a guide for the day?

dc

Archived