21 MA

jorock

22 minutes ago, Convertible13 said:

I have one and they’re great boats but they had stringer issues and problems with using putty to help support the cap. Check out the 2000 MA stringer repair  thread problems  whichwaysup posted in the General section of this site. It’s an eye opener. 

Eye opener indeed!!

Keep in mind the 21 stringer issues and my 18 issue are a little different.  The pre 2003 21s were rumored to have stringer issues due to the placement of the seachest.  The 18s (to my knowledge dont have a reputation for stringer issues, but the pre 2002 18s have stringers that dont extend to the transom.  Mine was the first I have ever heard of with an issue, though I have now heard of another one of the same year with the same issue.  In the 2002 and later models, they changed the stringer design.  

If you are looking for a 21, just be mindful of the year and the reputation, get it surveyed thoroughly, and get as much info on the boats history as possible.  There are a few nice 21s for sale right now.  FSU Steve had a very nice one that may or may not be for sale now.

Archived