Need a help with Simrad NSS EVO2 and total scan transducer...

East Coast Dave

I need some help. I think it may be something very simple but hoping I could get a little advice or guidance...  so I replaced my Airmar P66 transducer to get structure scan etc...  I went to WM and he said I need a plug adapter from 7 pin to 9 pin. When I got  home I realized he gave me the wrong plug/ adapter, but I was able to plug it into the structure port. Do I need a adapter for the transducer to plug into the sonar port rather than the structure port?  I'm nit getting any botoom reading at all. Below is a picture of the back of the unit, the new transducer and the plug from the old transducer that was plug into the sonar port.  Thanks again. 

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0539.JPG

IMG_0540.JPG

I swear I saw a thread about this on THT the other day cant find it but I think there was talk about making sure the new TD was selected after the swap... worth a look anyhow the directory to get there is:

Settings>echo>installation

Also check what the source is set to should be "this unit" this will be under the source menu

FLDXT just put a totalscan on his so if all else fails he may be able to chime in and help

You don't need an adapter, should plug right in as you indicated. You more than likely need to perform a software upgrade. You can go to Simrads website and get the most recent version and download it to a mini-SD card and upload to your unit. Just read the directions on Simrads website carefully, especially how to move the file to your SD card. It will not recognize the totalscan until you have the current software. Should fix the issue. Tell the guy at WM he is an idiot when you take the adapter back.

2 hours ago, FLDXT said:

You don't need an adapter, should plug right in as you indicated. You more than likely need to perform a software upgrade. You can go to Simrads website and get the most recent version and download it to a mini-SD card and upload to your unit. Just read the directions on Simrads website carefully, especially how to move the file to your SD card. It will not recognize the totalscan until you have the current software. Should fix the issue. Tell the guy at WM he is an idiot when you take the adapter back.

Yes exactly..i had the same problem...you need to follow the install menu down to the end...i spent a 1/2 hr trying to figure it out.

great unit....enjoy

dc

Archived