New guy Hewes 20'

Little Bella

With most all my tackle, 3 people, dual trolling batteries, large cooler, full livewells, run in high 40s, low 50s consistently. These hulls are very load sensitive. Be sure to balance weight evenly and don't put too much weight in forward compartments.

Have to trim it out and and adjust jack plate to keep it from dolphin hopping sometimes, but usually able to just drive through it. My 23' mercury mirage(cupped & blueprinted) regular prop is my all around prop, i use a 4 blade 19' pitch power tech prop for towing and super shallow water applications.

There is also things that help like the hydraulic tabs and negative degree wedges to install. I"m sure someone on here has this concept diagramed or discussed somewhere.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My LT20 has a 1995 200hp yamaha pro-V, trim tabs, trolling motor and 3 batteries.

With a full tank, 2 180lb guys, tackle, fullbait well etc... 50 mph WOT via GPS. Couldnt be happier about the fishability, and how it handles small chop crossing the bay.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay here's my feedback on the jack plate. The Hews 20 LT does not really change performance wise with jack plate. The boat will site a tad bit lower in the back from the weight. There is no speed change at all. You will not get more rpm's. The only benefits that I see is you can control the lift of the bow of the boat a lot more and the ability to run shallower or powering out of the flat. Maybe if the motor had a low-water pick up I might be able to see so speed change. With that being said if you have the money by one but if you're tight on cash put it towards something else.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived