New 22 TRS on order... few questions

Bcart

Went out today with the wife and did some fishing... again.. love the boat.  Just under powered IMO.   I'm sure its fine for most... But for me, its pretty weak and I knew I wouldn't be happy but went along with it anyway.  I always learn my lesson the hard way...

How much is a 2019 150 worth?   I believe I have 8 or 9 hours on it. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will your dealer help with prop set up? I would think setting you up with a prop that is 900 rpm short could be improved on. If you get it propped out correctly it should feel like a different boat. I bought my 2012 used and hated the way it rode in the water. Boat was down in the water with the spray while on plane coming out even with the console. I have run two other props that seem to have much better lift and it is like a different boat. I would try some props before trying a motor swap. I like mercury props. The tempest and the enertia work great for me. 

Got a 16 pitch 4 blade put on today..  the mechanic said he had it at  44mph at 5800 rpm’s.   Said the holeshot improved and the mid range power was night and day.  ( this was after adding the 2 batteries and trolling motor) 

Definitely happier with these results and can’t wait to take her out Saturday! 

As stated by a couple of members here getting the rpms up at wot will make a huge difference all through the power range. I am curious as to what 4 blade prop the dealer is using. all props are not created equal. Three, four or 5 blades different brands will preform differently. I still think a proper 3 blade will get the lift and provide a little more top end speed. All that said trust me when you run your boat the next time it will feel like  you are driving a sports car. 

On 9/12/2018 at 9:01 PM, Bcart said:

Not sure about the specs on the prop but I'll try and find out. He said  the top end on a 3 blade will improve but the down low bite will suffer.  I sure hope you're right about it feeling like a sports car!  

My 2009 Pathfinder 2200XL has a F150 with a PowerTech OFX4-16 and will turn up 5900 rpms and tops out at 45mph. No T top, No jackplate. I have also ran a 3 blade Yamaha 19" prop and it is a little faster but the hole shot is horrible.

1 hour ago, redzone1 said:

You won’t have that sports car feel until you look back and the sticker on the motor reads 250 SHO.  TRUTH

That’s really not helping the OP!

Yes we all know 100 more ponies would make it a rocket ship. I’m still willing to bet he has noticeable throttle Responce if he gets his rpm’s up as he said he has done 

4 hours ago, redzone1 said:

You won’t have that sports car feel until you look back and the sticker on the motor reads 250 SHO.  TRUTH

You’re probably right.  I was told 45mph when I bought it and as long as she performs the way the mechanic says... then I’m good for now. 

The more I talk with others and of course the wife,  the more happy I am with the boat.  Of course I want to go 50+ But the fact that I have brand new boat that I love and get to fish every weekend and spend time with my family..  I feel pretty blessed. 

40 minutes ago, Bcart said:

You’re probably right.  I was told 45mph when I bought it and as long as she performs the way the mechanic says... then I’m good for now. 

The more I talk with others and of course the wife,  the more happy I am with the boat.  Of course I want to go 50+ But the fact that I have brand new boat that I love and get to fish every weekend and spend time with my family..  I feel pretty blessed. 

It's plenty fast for the family. Not to mention that 150 sips fuel! Maybe when it's time to repower you can look at some options then or when the kids get older and you're allowed to go faster. My wife doesn't like going over 30 unless we're outrunning a storm. My son is almost 3 and anything over 35 seems to bother his eyes....Even when my buddies go fishing, I rarely run over 40. The power and ability to go faster or get out of the way in a hurry sure is nice though. 

That's a beautiful rig Bcart. You are obviously a young guy with a family and you made a good decision. You bought what you could comfortably afford and that's smart. You will eventually find the right prop to maximize the horse power. Spend time on the water with your family and welcome to the Pathfinder family.

Archived