Circuit breaker for trolling motor

wrhatt

I purchased a 2000 2200V Pathfinder that is pre-wired for a trolling motor. Did the factory install a circuit breaker when the boat was built or do I need to install one? I tried to follow the wires from the console to the front but there are area's I can't see. Thank you.

If they pre-wired, you probably have a breaker.  When I purchased my Pathfinder from a guide that had it as a program boat, there was a breaker inside forward stern side of the center console.  It was actually installed fairly low in the console and hard to see.  You may look around your rod holders on that side and see if you see two bolt heads showing there.  If so, something is mounted on the inside which could be the breaker.  

Start looking near the battery because the breaker should be installed as close the the battery as possible  that way everything from the breaker to the motor is protected . Maximum protection , the breaker mounted near the motor will protect the motor but not the cables prior to the breaker . 

Archived