WTB 23 Pathfinder DV

Cgeist

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Cgeist said:

Yes it has twin 115 four strokes and is a bit of a mess after talking with the owner. I would deal with the rest  if it had 150's. He said the cruise is 22-23mph. A little too slow for me.

I emailed that guy, have not heard back, it is cheap enough, I was worried about the condition but was thinking of selling those 115s. Wonder how big a deal it is to go from twins to a single on those boats?

7 hours ago, FLDXT said:

I emailed that guy, have not heard back, it is cheap enough, I was worried about the condition but was thinking of selling those 115s. Wonder how big a deal it is to go from twins to a single on those boats?

He is very hard to communicate with and just my questions about maintenance and hull condition just seemed to turn me off without being able to see the boat(Ohio-Florida). I have been burned lately by sending a surveyor and half the given info was not true. So if I can not feel comfortable talking to them, I move on. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 5:51 AM, FLDXT said:

It is not difficult, but takes some time.  I know of two guys who bought Twin 150's boats and retrofitted them to a single F300. Incredible performance and economy jump, if you don't need the safety factor of twins for long Gulf trips, or Canyon runs.

De-rig the motors and cabling, dowel-plug the transom holes correctly, cut-N-buff the transom, then rig the single.  There are a lot of things that need to be switched out from the second engine.. fuel lines/filter. shift cables, binnacle.  Good to start fresh, anyway.

MW

4 hours ago, Moderator said:

It is not difficult, but takes some time.  I know of two guys who bought Twin 150's boats and retrofitted them to a single F300. Incredible performance and economy jump, if you don't need the safety factor of twins for long Gulf trips, or Canyon runs.

De-rig the motors and cabling, dowel-plug the transom holes correctly, cut-N-buff the transom, then rig the single.  There are a lot of things that need to be switched out from the second engine.. fuel lines/filter. shift cables, binnacle.  Good to start fresh, anyway.

MW

Many thanks. That boats still listed, but the guy wont respond to emails...not that enthused about it yet.

Archived