Finally an HPX18 owner

djohnson5198

Hey guys, been several years since I've been on the forum.  I recently sold my 04 Redfisher 18 after 13+ years of joy and picked up an HPXV18.  I debated for several years on the new rig and went back and forth several times.  My increasing passion for fly fishing kept driving me to something with a shallower draft and light enough to pole comfortably.  Ultimately the final two came down to HB Marquesa and HPX.  I'm certain I'd have been happy with either as they are both great boats.  The Maverick won the battle and came home with me a couple weeks ago.  Still getting her dialed in and figuring out how and where I like my gear stored but I've been nothing but pleased so far.  Glad to be a second time Maverick Boat company owner and looking forward to many years of making new memories in this beauty!

IMG_2329.JPG

IMG_2333.JPG

IMG_2369.JPG

IMG_2374.JPG

Fantastic looking boat ,truck and garage . That thing is decked out . Looks like you got it all a power pole ,

trolling motor , push pole , GPS & depth finder ,front and rear tower ,  power coated black console grab rail , Front matching cooler , compass ,dry launch ameritrail , three batterys . Did it come with the redfish and flys ? That thing is loaded .   I wish you luck and hope that you have years and years of trouble free fun with it , Welcome  back .  Joe R 

This is a great example of what brand loyalty can do.   I sometimes wonder if MBG really understands the power of this forum and the value of those folks who buy their boats second hand.   I know that I started with an 87 MA and fell in love with the MBG brand.   I found this forum and it only strengthened that loyalty.   I ended up selling that 87 and upgrading to a 2000.   Eventually, someday, when kids are off to college, I'll buy a new boat, but there will probably be a few more newer and newer "old" boats between now and then.

Every company will treat a new buyer well, it's stupid not to.  But when a company treats a non-original owner like a new boat buyer, stands behind their product even when they don't have to, and is as eager to provide support on older models as they are new ones, they are growing the next crop of new-boat owners.

Archived