1993 16" Tournament Bonefisher

angryfisherman

Greetings, this is my baby. 1993 16' Tournament Bonefisher, Seafoam Green, Evergreen deck ; 90 HP 2001 Yamaha; Seastar Hydraulic steering, Minnkota trolling motor, Bennet Tabs, dual Optima Batteries forward mounted, Dual Pro charger.

I recently redid the counsel and changed the undergunnel rug to Seadeck, I will post more pictures next chance. Great to see so many nice boats and aficionados of the "Boat that invented the sport".

till next tide,

Edsel

1186023139-Hewes1500_005.jpg.9d9bb2940aa

Nice boat. Great color. I wish I had color. The boat looks to be garage kept. I want to see more pictures. I want to see everything you did to the boat.

Do you have a 24 volt trolling motor? How much weight in batteries are you keeping up front and how is that working out? I currently have a 12v motor and keep one battery up there.

I am curious as to what kind of performance you're getting out that 90. I get 46.7 downhill with the wind and tide.

What is the difference between the Tournament Edition and the regular Bonefisher?

The boat and color are pure cl***ic. I have always LOVED the lines of the old lapstrake Bonefisher. I bet MHP still has the mould...Skip if someone really wanted to pay for a new one, would you accomodate? I think it shoulld be brought back like "coke cl***ic" at some future anniversary date...I bet it would sell!

I would love to see the lapstrake hulls come back, but I tend to doubt it because the bay boats have capitalized on the cl***ic flat boats' fishability and the specialty skiffs have taken the poling aspect to the next level. There's just so many good choices out there now. Me, I'm not selling my Bonefisher, unless of course somebody wants to even trade me for a cherry condition Master Angler.... 17 or 18 I'm not picky. :laugh:

that is an absolutely beautiful photo and boat!

i'm kinda glad they aren't making the lappies any longer....makes mine all the more special...

i loved the lapstrake look on a skiff since i saw my first hewes.....the nice flowing lines highlight the shape of the hull....how do you make a car look fast? add long horizontal lines into the design. i guess that applies to boats as well (anyway, at least mine looks fast)....

the 19s are my favorite, i guess because they look long and sleek and i like that thin transom.....neeto. and besides, that's what i have....i think one day, i might even look for a nice 19 v version to go with my tunnel......how cool would that be? ;)

couple of shots, illustrating my point......heheheheee :)

1186200203-IMG_0703.jpg.14c2582ad7fd3e71

1186200181-IMG_2092.jpg.d81b9458799251af

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Till next tide, Edsel

[image]http://www.mbcforum.com/fbbuploads/thumb_1196310685-boat1107_ps034.jpg[/image]

Thank You very much for your wonderful responses. I dug out some more pictures of the boat in the water.

I also attached some of the undergunnels so those of you that are interested can get idea of what the Seadek looks like. Basically I removed all the original rug that covered the holders, cleaned them up and just rugged the rod seats. Everything else is Seadek mats that I cut to size and finished with a dremel. I came up with using that plastic hook to hold the bungee instead of the original screw system (that ***ed). I wish I had old pictures of the holders so you can see the difference. Nonetheless, I am honored to be an owner and am ordering my Lappy shirts as soon as possible.

1196310840-Hewes1ps_010.jpg.9dab31cea32e

1196310817-Hewes1ps_007.jpg.90a55bdb1fa2

1196310797-boat1107ps_031.jpg.102f338378

1196310774-boat1107ps_008.jpg.2577ab813f

1196310750-boat1107ps_006.jpg.472d18eb65

1196310727-boat1107ps009.jpg.76067440a06

1196310709-boat1107_ps024.jpg.a261af71c0

1196310685-boat1107_ps034.jpg.ab7ddf6ba1

I like it.

These boats are like the Winchester Model 12 shotgun. The Model 12 is still the best pumpgun ever made. They were so well made and lasted so long and so many were sold that they were a victim of their own success. (The Auto-5 comes to mind as well). People wanted something different. And like the Model 12, they got too expensive to make. All those lapstrakes take more labor hours to produce.

I still say that if you want a poling skiff that can comfortably navigate big water like Florida Bay, Biscayne Bay, Tampa Bay etc, this is your boat.

Lappy Hewes, best all round flats boat ever made! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :susel:

• 2 years later...

Had the '93 Bonefisher w/ Yami 90hp as rigged by Hewes. Well I loved her at frst, but after five years, I strayed for another. Man, she was a nag of a wet & bumpy ride. Could not take her mist from the stern on my clients.

So I bought her bigger, older sister. 1997 Redfisher 18' / 115 Yami.

No wood in her, but she still has mine!

Fantastic vessel here in Hilton Head area and when in SW FL.

'I came up with using that plastic hook to hold the bungee instead of the original screw system (that ***ed).'

I noted that right away. My lappy comes back from shop next weekend and installing something like that just hit high on my list. Where did you find the plastic 'lock' and that specific bungie?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived