Sell or trade 2008 150hp Yamaha Vmax?

Nolezone

Just for shits and giggles, I wonder if anyone would be interested in buying or trading for my 2008 Yamaha 150 horse power Vmax. It has always been well kept/serviced, has less than 150 hours and runs awesome. I just feel it’s too much weight for my 18’ Hewes Redfisher and I’m tired of the stern squat! I’d like to get a 115hp Yamaha instead. 

Interested parties let me know. 

2 hours ago, fishmanjj said:

You better get some goggles....that 1900T will fly with that 150 on it. Those gnats will hurt at 60 mph.

JJ, I bet I still couldn’t hit 50mph with that motor on the back. The tunnel hull really keeps the speed down. Any increase in speed is good for me though, plus I love a VMAX!

I will research the value of this used engine with all controls, model numbers, etc. It’s a powerful, quick-starting beast! I think it’s just too heavy for my boat. 

Stay tuned and PM me if you or someone you know are truly interested. With the low hours, it’ll surely be at the top of the resale range. 

• 3 weeks later...

Good call. I had the same motor on an 18 Redfisher for 5 years and never gave me a single problem. I still regret selling that boat and motor. It was really the best set up for my needs. The only drawback was it was not an HPDI model but the carburetor model so it sure sucked gas.

Archived