Bimini Install Question (follow-up w/ installed pics)

Seacraft06

My new Bimini will be here this week for my 2000v. I am getting ready to order the accon marine quick release mounting hardware. Got to thinking I am not able to access these if I mount them in the center of the gunnel to install nuts on the back. Am I going to be ok to mount them with screws and 5200? Or should I move the hardware outwards and through bolt them on the outside edge where the gunnel is rolled and I can access them to through bolt? Second idea of mounting just sounds like it make look strange. How is everyone else mounting their hardware?

Screws and 5200 will be fine .. be sure to pre drill a hole for the screw to avoid spider cracks later. I  usually drill a hole the size of the body of the screw. Then I use a larger bit and run it in reverse to bevel the gel coat back. Looks like a counter sunk hole .. 

Better support, can go straight down to gunnels, will not get in way and chance of tripping or tearing Bimini and will not vibrate like straps do. FYI, if using straps give them one or two twists before attaching to strap eyes on gunnel. Will prevent wind noise vibration.

Archived