2000v pathfinder

topshelf 2

On 7/15/2018 at 8:44 AM, topshelf 2 said:

Looking @ a 2006 2000v with a 115 4 stroke single axle trailer does any one have a idea of the total weight of a package  ? ( no its not in texas)

Unless it's a deal, that combo will be underpowered...again, your own fishing style and boating will determine....a 115 is "adequate"..but, you will see it significantly if you have more than 2 people in the boat....slow coming to plane and hole shot.

dc

1 hour ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Unless it's a deal, that combo will be underpowered...again, your own fishing style and boating will determine....a 115 is "adequate"..but, you will see it significantly if you have more than 2 people in the boat....slow coming to plane and hole shot.

dc

That's the general consensus he received on Facebook, too. You just put into writing a little nicer than most. Well said DC! 

Thanks for your reply, but as you get older speed be comes less important ,I'm sure your correct ,but it was a good deal and I'm past 70 , but maybe you know where I can get 1 of the cooler hold downs that go in the deck forward of the console I'm missing one

thanks

7 hours ago, topshelf 2 said:

Thanks for your reply, but as you get older speed be comes less important ,I'm sure your correct ,but it was a good deal and I'm past 70 , but maybe you know where I can get 1 of the cooler hold downs that go in the deck forward of the console I'm missing one

thanks

Then you'll be fine.....contact the factory - Ray Ayers might be able to help..or better replace with a product called Kennedy Tie Downs....they are on line.

dc

3 minutes ago, justfish said:

If it’s the little recessed ones, just fill them in and get the ones mentioned above 

depending on what cooler you use up there you might find you don’t need anything with the new roto coolers 

I agree with Justfish: if you get a 45 or bigger Yeti / RTIC / Engel / Cabelas, etc, etc....you will not need hold down devices 

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:46 AM, topshelf 2 said:

thanks

I'm 73 and repowered my 20" bay boat from a 115 to a 150. Seems like I am getting better economy at a lower cruising speed of 30 mph and the extra power compensates for addition passengers and the ability to outrun our summer storms.

My ‘06 loaded on the trailer with F150 LA was 3610 pounds , single axle trailer. Agree you might find a F115 under powered for that boat. Mine had power pole, three batteries, TM, onboard charger, wash down pump and usual junk.

Just for consideration mine hit slightly over 50 mph with two people before the rev limiter kicked in.

dh

On 7/19/2018 at 1:35 PM, fishmanjj said:

I agree with Justfish: if you get a 45 or bigger Yeti / RTIC / Engel / Cabelas, etc, etc....you will not need hold down devices 

As long as it is loaded down.  Ask me how I know.   A 75 Qt Tundra not sufficiently weighted down can absolutely take flight moving down i75.  

Archived