Power Pole

Fishician

I have a Redfisher 16 with a !!5 Yamaha FS and an i pilot.

I am thinking about getting a Power Pole. looking for a 6 ft model since it will fit into the garage without a fuss.Most of my flats fishing is done in 2 to 5 feet of water.

Does a 6ft power pole really anchor in 6 feet of water or is it more like 5 feet. Would I be better off going with the 8 footer and putting up with the fuss of partially deploying it to get it into the garage.

Also how does a power pole compare with the Talon.

As always, your opinions are so very welcomed

More like 5 feet. Mounting height does matter. I have an 8 and there are times I wish I had a 10. That is one of those your call and how you fish things. Would hate to tear it off that one time I forgot going in or out of the garage. Talon seems to have worked out the bugs so l personally would not rule it out. Everyone hear will say PP has great customer service. I am getting ready to put it to the test as mine has not been reliable the last couple of months.

If you are fishing in any current....I would recommend the 8 ft if you constantly fish in 5 to 6 ft of water. Depending on sand or mud bottom, I've seen mine sink two feet in the mud.  I personally have had nothing but extremely positive customer support from Power Pole. They are by far one of the best customer service companies I have ever dealt with. Any problem you have, the pump whines, small leak at fitting, paint flaking off the mounting bracket......you call them, and the next day your replacement part is in the mail at no charge. 

I cant speak either way for Talon because I have never owned anything but Power Poles.

43 minutes ago, fishmanjj said:

If you are fishing in any current....I would recommend the 8 ft if you constantly fish in 5 to 6 ft of water. Depending on sand or mud bottom, I've seen mine sink two feet in the mud.  I personally have had nothing but extremely positive customer support from Power Pole. They are by far one of the best customer service companies I have ever dealt with. Any problem you have, the pump whines, small leak at fitting, paint flaking off the mounting bracket......you call them, and the next day your replacement part is in the mail at no charge. 

I cant speak either way for Talon because I have never owned anything but Power Poles.

Well said!

I would say 6 foot is really like 4ish ft. It will mount above the water, so thats a loss,  it will need to penetrate the bottom to hold, so thats a loss in length. Two guys on the bow and now the bottom is even farther away.... I would go 8ft, it just makes it more usable. You could install one of these. https://hydrillagear.com/shop/tiltremovable-bracket/

Archived