Costa sunglasses (Price Drop!) SOLD!

Joe M

Costa Harpoon sunglasses. 580G green mirror glass lenses, tortoise frames. Excellent condition, absolutely no scratches on lenses, some wear on nose and ear pieces. Perfect for inshore and flats fishing. Original hard Costa case included. My old eyes now require prescription bifocal lenses. Ouch!  You can get a deal and help this old dude pay for his new shades....$50.00--includes USPS first class shipping anywhere in continental US.  

Email joemalat@gmail.com or call 252-202-4189.

Joe

Glasses 1.JPG

Glasses 4.JPG

Glasses 7.JPG

Glasses case.JPG

Glasses 10.JPG

Yeah, my local eye doctor who is a Costa dealer can send them back to Costa and have prescription lenses placed back in your frames, progressive in my case. I guess they now have a "state of the art" facility where they do their own lenses and do not farm them out anymore.

Hey guys,

Thanks for your thoughts re: Costa prescription lenses. For what it's worth, about three months ago I got a pair of prescription glasses through my local eye doc. Costa made the lenses, put them in their Howler frames, one week turn around. Distance vision is tack sharp, progressive lens gives me great close up vision--best of both worlds.  Expensive, but worth every nickel. 

I'm all good with my current glasses, I would just like to sell my old glasses. 

Yep, that's a coastal NC area code. I'm in Southwest Florida now, but I lived on the Outer Banks (Nags Head) for about 30 years until I moved to Punta Gorda in 2009. I just kept the same cell # when I moved. I used to work for the NC Aquariums and traveled to Wilmington several times a year...but I didn't do any fishing there.  

Hey FooFoo,

I can take PayPal, but I'll have to charge $55.00 to cover the PayPal fees. Or I can take a check for $50.00.  Shoot me a PM or text me at 252-202-4189 with your contact info and preference and we'll get things rolling.  Thanks!

Joe

• 4 weeks later...

Joe, I know I'm late to the party on these but I have a question about your new Costa frames with progressive lenses please.  I'm in the same boat as you are...need progressive lenses and my optometrist (costa dealer) said the lenses will be about $800.  I'm willing to pay for great optics but that price caused me to pause.

Sounds like you are pleased with the outcome of the Costa optics and frames.   Tell me more please before I plop down that amount of coins.  

Thanks,

• Confused 1

On 7/18/2019 at 7:28 PM, rdupre said:

Joe, I know I'm late to the party on these but I have a question about your new Costa frames with progressive lenses please.  I'm in the same boat as you are...need progressive lenses and my optometrist (costa dealer) said the lenses will be about $800.  I'm willing to pay for great optics but that price caused me to pause.

Sounds like you are pleased with the outcome of the Costa optics and frames.   Tell me more please before I plop down that amount of coins.  

Thanks,

I’m not sure if Costa still does their own....but I had my lens changed from regular to a single vision RX lenses and they were around $300.  That did not include the frames because I already owned the glasses. But, I dealt direct with Costa...and it was a couple of years ago. JJ

$800 seems mighty high....just saying. 

Thanks,

3 years ago my progressives (Costa lens) in Costa frames were priced just under $700. But as I stated above the Costa lens did not work for me. I have always used Varilux lenses so that was the difference. Ended up getting my eye doctor’s lab to put in Varilux lenses (dark tinted (gray), polarized, with Crizal coating). This is the same as I have done for several previous pairs and is what works for me. Luckily I can go 3 years between changes. Last time it was about $1500 for my 2 pair of glasses (everyday and sun). That said $8/900 if done right for farms and lenses I can see that, easy. (3 years ago my every day glasses were around $800). You only have one pair of eyes.

Thanks,

I just bought the Maui JIm's.....I use progressives and this will be my 2nd set in 15 years....frames and lenses $800

dc

My new Costa frames 580 poly green mirror lenses, with progressive lenses were about $750 a year ago from my eye doc who is a Costa dealer. Prescription was dead on--tack sharp distance vision and I can read the GPS with no issues. Insanely expensive,yes.  Worth it? For me, yes!

Joe

1 hour ago, Joe M said:

My new Costa frames 580 poly green mirror lenses, with progressive lenses were about $750 a year ago from my eye doc who is a Costa dealer. Prescription was dead on--tack sharp distance vision and I can read the GPS with no issues. Insanely expensive,yes.  Worth it? For me, yes!

Joe

Joe, thanks for the response.  I think the cost will be worth it for me as well.  Heck, I just realized I've spent at least that much on other providers' lenses and have not been happy with the optics.  I guess we learn as we go.  I'm going to proceed and get some Costa frames with progressive lenses.  Now I need to figure out which color lenses I want.  Too many choices!  LOL.

So you chose poly instead of glass?  And why green?  Thanks for helping me with this decision.

Roger