Axle/Hub replacement

gambler1

Peterson Trailers in Gibsonton. Jason has built three trailers for me, just built my neighbor's trailer, installed torsion axles last year on my 11 year old trailer he built in 2007, getting ready to build one for my Nephew, etc., etc.. He's my go to guy I recommend for trailers!! If I remember 813-677-2733

Good people.....

Oh yeah about cost, if I remember correctly, I paid around $1,000 to replace my old spring axles to 3500# torsion which includes new hubs. That's uninstall the old crap and install new. After a year with two trips to the Keys, one to Homasassa, one to Jupiter, plus many to the boat ramp.........worth every penny!!!

Don,

Was that price

11 minutes ago, DonV said:

Peterson Trailers in Gibsonton. Jason has built three trailers for me, just built my neighbor's trailer, installed torsion axles last year on my 11 year old trailer he built in 2007, etc., etc.. He's my go to guy I recommend for trailers!! If I remember 813-677-2733

Good people.....

Oh yeah about cost, if I remember correctly, I paid around $1,000 to replace my old spring axles to 3500# torsion. That's uninstall the old crap and install new. After a year with two trips to the Keys, one to Homasassa, one to Jupiter, plus many to the boat ramp.........worth every penny!!!

w/ hubs too?

On 7/5/2018 at 9:07 PM, gambler1 said:

Thanks Fishmanjj,

I have an idea on the cost of parts but my question is parts + labor to install.

The shop here in Savannah gets 2 hours per axle at $75 per hour.....so it's $300 labor plus parts for tandem trailer. 

Thanks Don V for the recommendation,

Ended up having Peterson trailer replace my axles/hubs  and a few other goodies.

Jason & Tracy are very nice people to work with and got me up and running fitting me into there busy schedule.

On a side note I would like to give a heads up to anyone needing to replace the axles on trailer for their Pathfinder be aware that Ameratrail uses an uncommon size axles

for an 80" wide trailer. I had to drive over to the Factory to pick up the 2 axles or wait 2 weeks to have them built.

They are 95 1/2" x 22.5 degree Tiedown for the Pathfinder dual axle trailers.

Archived