2012 24 TRS 300 yamaha prop

dailey1961

New to the MBforum.  Came from dark side, sold my Ranger and bought Pathy (2012 24 TRS with 300 Yamaha, boat also has a top).  Looking for correct prop probably 4 blade, anybody have experience with prop information.  I am sure this will not be last question.

thanks,

Daileydeposit

Welcome! Search for CGRyan, I believe he has a 24 with a 300 on it. What's on it now? Where are you performance and where do you want to be? I like the Mercury Revolution 4 a lot, and would think a 21p would be nice on that boat, but don't take my word on that....

I have the same rig and just tried a power tech ofx4 19” today with pretty good results so far. I also have a saltwater series II Yamaha in a 21” that is too big in my opinion. The power tech revs a lot quicker and I was able to get 5800 rpms without any tweaking today. With a full load and 3 people the best I got in the short test was 56.3 mph at 5800 rpms. I had the family on board so I never messed with jack or anything. I’d say to try one and you will be happy. I’ll report more after getting some more time tomorrow. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yamaha Hs4 21p has given good results for me and one of best setups for the boat.  I have a tried my Rev4, but was concerned about burning up the LU shaft seals unless I used a special Merc prop kit.  Cant go wrong with the HS4 if can find one lol.

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2018 at 10:52 PM, CG RYAN said:

I have the same rig and just tried a power tech ofx4 19” today with pretty good results so far. I also have a saltwater series II Yamaha in a 21” that is too big in my opinion. The power tech revs a lot quicker and I was able to get 5800 rpms without any tweaking today. With a full load and 3 people the best I got in the short test was 56.3 mph at 5800 rpms. I had the family on board so I never messed with jack or anything. I’d say to try one and you will be happy. I’ll report more after getting some more time tomorrow. 

I believe I sold you that 21. Want to sell it back ? I' may be getting the a 23 with 250SHO and keep reading it is a good combo.

2 hours ago, Ridding_Dirty said:

I believe I sold you that 21. Want to sell it back ? I' may be getting the a 23 with 250SHO and keep reading it is a good combo.

I have a 23 with a 250, don't hesitate to run a Merc Bravo 1 FS in 22 pitch on the 23. It's a great combination!

Archived