Totalscan Transducer location on 06 22TE

RatRed

Having trouble getting on-plane depth readings on my new Simrad with Totalscan ducer.  Where is the best location for the ducer so it'll read while running?   It'll start reading then go out, sometimes it'll read fine up to about 45mph then go out, sometimes it won't read past 30mph.   Its currently mounted behind one of the strakes.?  (If i'm saying it right)

I have mine mounted on where you have that smaller transducer on the right. Reads pretty well, rarely loses bottom but I think when it does it’s air bubbles off of the livewell pickup. If I had it to do over I’d mount it on the other side on that flat area

• 3 weeks later...

This is a pretty confusing thread.

1) Is the picture showing a total scan type transducer and a small transducer saying to mount the totalscan where the small transducer is located? If so, why post a picture of an non-preferred installation? 

2) What help is a remark like, pocket works great? Where in the pocket and how mounted?

I mounted my totalscan transducer where that small one (on the right) in the pic is mounted. I have had no issues other than spray but I fixed that by moving it up. I’ve never tried the pocket.

side note, first totalscan came apart after screws pulled the threads out

16 hours ago, NCTribute said:

This is a pretty confusing thread.

1) Is the picture showing a total scan type transducer and a small transducer saying to mount the totalscan where the small transducer is located? If so, why post a picture of an non-preferred installation? 

2) What help is a remark like, pocket works great? Where in the pocket and how mounted?

A couple of inches to the right of the drain plug.  No spray, livewell bubbles, has continual surface contact and excellent results from personal experience.  I attached a pic from my previous pf just to give an example.  Same mounting location on my new pf.  Hope that is more helpful.  Just something for the OP to consider.

Jp

20150731_111847.jpg

Archived