2200v Bimini Top Question

TP13

For those who still have the olde model 2200v with bimini tips, what is your height of the top? From either top of th gunnel or from the floor? 

Also, what is the normal length of your top? I found one that may work locally but wanted to see if there were any size averages?

I can’t provide you specific numbers on that boat but I do have experience with other boats with Bimini tops.  I had a 17 foot key west with the best Bimini I ever owned. It was tall enough to look out from under without a thought. The top was long. It had 4 Bows on it. It was awesome. 

Then I had on on a 19 foot whaler. The *** side was just low enough I was never comfortable to glance out to the side. It was also short . It only had 3 bows on it. It sucked. 

So my two cents. Tall and long is the way to go

I am 5’ 10” my Bimini is 6’7” tall from floor. Plenty of height for my relatively short stature as well as my 6+ foot tall fishing buddies. Here is a picture with me and my twins that gives a good perspective of the height and the shade it provides. I also had the sides brought down a little lower than most. It pretty much provides total shade sun up to sun down works like a dream! 

4DADF14B-F8E4-4626-9EB0-2D4FA2DA4F9B.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived