geeks2you

2002 2200v deck cooler anchors issue

Bought a "new to me" 2002 2200v. Have a problem with 1 of the cooler anchor points on the deck in front of the console.  It has dropped loose from the deck surface and is sort of falling into the deck. The biggest worry is that there is a large gap the is open for water to leak into the fiberglass floor as well as into the bilge.  I looked this weekend and the water was pooling on top of the fuel cell and it looks like it it has rusted the fuel gauge wires, which is not working currently.  Can I just epoxy the anchor point back into place and then seal and small gaps around the hole perimeter? Anyone else had this issue?

8.jpg

I would just epoxy them in or just remove them altogether.  Fill and seal the holes. I use a Engel cooler  and it stays in place without any tie downs. 

Plan sounds sound to me. Keeping water on the deck and not letting it seap under the deck is the right thing to do. 

I replied to your FB post. I filled mine in. Contact spectrum for a pre mixed epoxy that should match close. A small jar should do them all I think

I have the Engel cooler as well, but use just two turnbuckles to hold it in place.  I think the sets of 4 were for a strap arrangement.