2300HPS CRACKED HULL

Red Zone

• 2300 HPS CRACKED HULL

I was up under my 2012 2300 HPS cleaning the hull and noticed a 20" crack with chips missing in the gelcoat. It does not look like it was caused by hitting something. I had heard that the early model Pathfinders were having trouble with the fiberglass delaminating splitting. Has anyone ever had this happen to them or herd of this?

On 6/29/2018 at 3:43 PM, Red Zone said:
  • 2300 HPS CRACKED HULL

I was up under my 2012 2300 HPS cleaning the hull and noticed a 20" crack with chips missing in the gelcoat. It does not look like it was caused by hitting something. I had heard that the early model Pathfinders were having trouble with the fiberglass delaminating splitting. Has anyone ever had this happen to them or herd of this?

get pics and contact the factory....this will not be solved on the forum...

dc

Ray at the factory was my first call when I noticed the trouble and he didn't hesitate an offer to have the crew look at the trouble.

After having the area looked at here locally the decision was made to move forward with a repair of the gelcoat and monitor it from there. 

Wantaflatsfish I question the reason behind your comment? This is exactly what this forum is about. But thanks for your input.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Red Zone said:

Can’t be fork lift I have never had this boat on one. I don’t ever remember hitting anything but that doesn’t mean when I was up on plane off shore that I may have run something over.

Do you see the white looking lines I am referring to? 

"After having the area looked at here locally the decision was made to move forward with a repair of the gelcoat and monitor it from there. "

This scares me more than anything. This is clearly an issue. Cracks happen for a reason, and patching them up without finding the root cause is wasted time. 

Looks more like a detached stringer to me. Id be on the phone with MBG finding out stringer location vs crack location to see if it lines up. That doesn't look like an impact to me. 

• Like 4

This is my concern that it is something more than an impact. I put MBG on notice so they are aware of the problem. I made the repair and I will keep a close eye on it to see if there is any other troubles moving forward. Thanks to everyone and their help I will keep my fingers crossed.