Rear Seat Question - Help

Paid Up

I have a 22 with a front pedistal seat and now that my girls have decided I can’t fish without them which is a good thing, the front pedistal seat is the daily argument.  I am thinking of putting pedestal seat/plates in the rear deck next to live well on both sides. My question is the hole you have to cut (I hate cutting on my boat) is it worth it for those of you who have done it?  Any negatives?

thanks in advance.

As the father of three daughters, I think you are missing the obvious solution:   Remove the front plate.   :D:D

Seriously, I had my front plate removed, and glassed over with no skid.   I never use a pedestal seat, and mine was leaking rusty crud into my forward locker....

20 hours ago, BlueMojito said:

As the father of three daughters, I think you are missing the obvious solution:   Remove the front plate.   :D:D

Seriously, I had my front plate removed, and glassed over with no skid.   I never use a pedestal seat, and mine was leaking rusty crud into my forward locker....

also had rusty crud until I painted under side of plate with rust restorer. turns rust back into metal, worked very well. 

Archived