Redfisher 18

jjs

4 hours ago, Headhunter said:

I was more interested in the curved mount and how it held the GPS.

Local Marine Electronics shop cut it out of 1/2" starboard on a CNC router.  Shoot me a message if your interested.  They made a template when doing mine so they can cut another pretty easy.  PS, this was on a 2004 Hewes Redfisher 18.  Not sure how many years this console layout was utilized.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/26/2018 at 6:08 PM, Nolezone said:

Hate to put your mind into a quandary but I've got a 2008 18' Redfisher with a Yamaha 150 Vmax on it. I wish I had found the same boat with a Yamaha 115. My boat "squats" quite a bit and sits low even while idling along looking for fish. Also, with Trim/tilt, Jack Plate and Trim Tabs to coordinate, it can be work to find the perfect cruising position. The extra 8-10mph the 150hp affords (62 vs 52-54 for the 115hp) isn't worth it in my opinion.

Either way, you're buying an awesome hull that will last you 25+ years if you take care of it. And btw...I got a Motorguide Xi5 GPS trolling motor and it is THE BOMB! I've never had anything so perfect for my needs on the water and you're an expert instantly being so easy to operate.

redfisher 18 with a 115hp isnt hitting 52-54, i have one with a 115 and ive only seen 50mph one time light load going with the current here in jacksonville florida. I'm upgrading to a 150 sho when I repower eventually even 62 sounds like a stretch for this boat with that motor.

Congrats on your new boat. I just ordered one too with an SHO150.  Wondering if you got the Jackplate and what Prop you went with? Is your boat squatting or is that an old model thing? Garmin or Simrad is basically user preference,  I am going to flush mount a Garmin 942xs - if you ever need to change a flush mount, you can just use starboard if the new unit is smaller. I’ll prob get Minn Kota Ulterra - not sure on the length? 54” probably. Post a pic of your boat and let us know how it’s going and any tips for a new owner. I’m in your same boat literally. 😂 Delivery is Late December for me... 

5 hours ago, Fsu11 said:

redfisher 18 with a 115hp isnt hitting 52-54, i have one with a 115 and ive only seen 50mph one time light load going with the current here in jacksonville florida. I'm upgrading to a 150 sho when I repower eventually even 62 sounds like a stretch for this boat with that motor.

No way a 115 hits anything close to 50 mph.  I spent 6-7 months playing with different set ups, Best I could get was 45 mph and that light everything, including fuel. 

Archived