FLSnookhunter

Master Angler Under Gunnel Carpet

I am looking to fix up my under gunnel rod holders and remove the beat up carpet and either recarpet or seadek. My question is what do I do with the rod holder slots? And any other suggestions? Thanks  1997 17’ Master Angler 3224F004-ACCD-467A-A9D1-7CBCE6A7D41E.thumb.jpeg.9b30429d9d57504a060d9cdb4e06390f.jpeg1FDE1CC5-861B-4D60-B06C-3D702E0F4333.thumb.jpeg.cf3caecbc4db4f315348d09eb3e865e4.jpegAFDC6B63-B42F-48DA-A34F-C1A273C6EE73.thumb.jpeg.0398a587cf4255c4435465d52fb2569b.jpeg

I need to redo mine also. Sorry I can't help you and hope this doesnt derail your post, but anywhere we can get new carpet or seadeck that is cut to fit with the logo?

Thanks.  Would seem someone would make the carpet replacements also.  I heard Seadeck is about $300 but the tough part is I read you have to scrape all the glue away before you can put the seadeck on.

There must be a product that is used to remove old glue,  I just don't know what it would be.  I do know GOO Gone is a product that removes glue and sap.  A spray container would probably soften it up to make removal easier. 

I don't know your particular boat, but you might try and rehab those rod-holder slots as well. I think you can get a can of spray foam and fill in the foam that has been eroded away. Since the foam will expand out of shape, you will need to carve/sand it back to the original profile of the rod holders once it has hardened . You can then buy a little bit of automobile carpeting and cut it into strips and glue it into place on the surface of the rod holders with contact cement.

12 hours ago, FLSnookhunter said:

Castaway Customs is where I’ve been recommended the most for anything Seadek 

Bob at Inshore Marine has done some very nice work as well and might have a template for MA17....

dc