Ameratrail Customer Service

Headhunter

The HPXS never really fitted well on its trailer so before I put it away i called Ameritrail and talked with Junior. He took the trailer id and looked it up and told me that they had done some tweaks since they started building them for MBC. He offered to update the trailer if I brought it to him so I drove down there today. Besides tweaking the bunk location and side rails they went through the whole trailer, found a clearance light that didn't work and just charged me for the part. They only charged for the light no labor on any of it. Considering the trailer is 3 years old I think it was a pretty good deal. Dropped the trailer off before lunch and picked it back up right after and made it home for happy hour.. Pretty super customer service.

I’m not as thrilled with them. My bunks rotted at the screw location .  Asked if they could help me out. The trailer bunks were rotting at 5 years old. They gave a little discount on two out of four bunks and a small discount on the lag bolts. I personally feel bunks coming loose after 5 years is a pretty big oh crap moment. I guess they did not feel the same. I have had a lot of trailers. Every one I owned before was older than the Ameri trail and I have never had rotted trailer bunks before . 

1 hour ago, HoneyB said:

I’m not as thrilled with them. My bunks rotted at the screw location .  Asked if they could help me out. The trailer bunks were rotting at 5 years old. They gave a little discount on two out of four bunks and a small discount on the lag bolts. I personally feel bunks coming loose after 5 years is a pretty big oh crap moment. I guess they did not feel the same. I have had a lot of trailers. Every one I owned before was older than the Ameri trail and I have never had rotted trailer bunks before . 

I am with you. Last time I called to see if I could get my trailer in for some maintenance, I was treated as though I was bothering them to even ask. Pretty trailers but I have had better quality and service for sure. I figured they are probably so busy building new trailers that they would rather not be bothered fixing their old ones. 

I was more taken back by the fact rotten bunks was no big deal to them. Of all the POS trailers I have owned I have never had a rotten trailer bunk. I thought it would be way outside the norm.. I did not get that ameri trail was shocked at all.. 

Archived