Towing a 22 pathfinder

carlton

I tow my 2200V a lot with a 2007 V8 4 Runner which is rated at 7000 lbs.  I just came back from the Keys, 12 hours each way.

The new 4 Runners have similar hp with the V6.

I would suggest strongly that you have trailer brakes.

Drive defensively and don't  get in a hurry and you will be fine.

The other vehicle to look at is a Lexus SUV, you can still get them with a V8.

11 hours ago, brune90 said:

22 w 200 hp motor 3075 lbs

Tandem axle 22' trailer 1100 lbs

Bait, Fuel, ICE, Gear

you should be fine around town. may struggle on long hauls

Agree wit this. If you tow long distance or regularly, you’ll appreciate a full size tow vehicle. 

You might want to look at tow mirrors. Being so narrow and pathy so wide, your gonna have a hard time seeing around it 

You can tow a 30’ boat with a riding lawnmower. The key is controlling what your towing/pulling. 

As a truck driver I see it every day, a under sized vehicle towing something that’s to much for it to handle often with disastrous results. 

As others have said, get a full size truck like a F150/250 or a full size suv. You will appreciate it when you crest that hill on I75 and traffic is at a standstill. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2018 at 7:20 PM, D-linesider said:

I sometimes pull my 2200 XL TE with my wife’s 2017 all wheel drive Honda Pilot. It is rated to tow 5500#. It gets the job done pretty well, but I would make sure the trailer brakes are in good working order. 

3068A300-9139-40D3-9D78-62CD32404E70.jpeg

Very nice looking rig ! 

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:21 PM, carlton said:

I am thinking about buying a 2018 Toyota 4 runner.  Is this sufficient to tow a 22 pathfinder.   Towing capacity is 5000 lbs

Have towed a 22 bay boat with a Nissan Frontier with V6. MPG, about 14

Now tow a 20 bay boat without brakes and MPG now at 17. Drive very conservative  and should now be a problems with good tires and brakes.

Archived