Fishing shoes

SouthernWake

I have used the Crocs "Boat Shoes" for years. They are butt ugly but work great for me. Wet traction and comfort a 10. Drain in 3 seconds and dry quickly. 

Be sure to putt sunscreen on the top of your foot. They have a couple of dime-sized silly vent holes that let the sun thru and will burn you if you are not careful. After you have used them a while you have white feet with tanned circles on top. Very sexy.   lol 

21 minutes ago, blackacre said:

I've had a pair of Columbia Drainmakers that have lasted several years. I'm very pleased with them.

My fishing partner recently got a pair of Simms Challengers and he has been pleased with those. They are on sale at Sierra Trading Post: https://www.sierratradingpost.com/simms-challenger-boat-shoes-for-men~p~395ur/?filterString=s~simms-shoe%2F

Just ordered these, thanks!

Which Soft Science is the best for fishing? Reading the descriptions it looks like they tout one as having great traction but the bottoms of each one look similar. Im more partial to something I can slip on when on the boat but dont mind to lace em up if those are the best performers. 

I normally NEVER wear shoes on my boat. But, I have a pair of the soft science canvas tops and I will wear them(cold days) and have tried them on the boat a couple of times, no slip, no marks and extremely comfortable. 

I still will keep a pair of Florida Rebocks on board just un case(white seafood boots)

20 hours ago, SouthernWake said:

Thanks for the recomendation. I’m trying to avoid flip flops as I see myself getting into trouble on a flats boat in them.

I have been looking at other Simms shoes though something I could wear without socks would be great though.

Both my brother and I fish flats boats in Simms flips. They are great. Super grip, very comfy. And they look cool. 

21 hours ago, JAYBIRD said:

I used to wear flip flops until I found the Soft Science boat shoes. Most comfortable and light weight shoe I have ever worn. Everyone should have a pair! You do not realized you have a shoe on.

i've got a couple pair of these and really like them, but they started stinking. now i hose em down after every use and even spray with a water/bleach solution about once a month. curious, do you guys wear socks with the simm's shoes?

On 6/21/2018 at 2:28 PM, smilemaker said:

I need something that will at least smell better than dead bait after a day of fishing 

You should be within shouting distance when I take off my Sebagos after a yellow tailing trip :)

NOthing like leather and fermenting oats and chum on a 90 degree day off the keys :)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:43 AM, JEM said:

Just got a pair of Crocs with boat shoe bottoms.  I haven't had a chance to try them out yet, tho.

I've been wearing crocs in my boat for years (the ones designed for boats). They have very small grooves on the sole for traction. Mine have an adjustable strap that goes around my heel, so they stay put. They are all rubber, so they do not absorb any water or fish smell. Mine seem to last about 5 years, but I don't wear they for anything other than fishing.

Archived