Maverick 26 Master Angler OMG

FLSnookhunter

3 hours ago, lurem said:

Is that to compete with the larger bay boats, i.e. Yellowfin, sea born, shearwater and such?

1 hour ago, fsusteve said:

I would think this, 25’ contender, I think HB built a 25/26 bay boat, YF 24

I'm thinking the same thing too.  KW will soon launch a 25/26 Bay Reef as well.  If you're in MBG's shoes, you've got to go with what's trending and most profitable - BAY BOATS.  Add-in the awesome reputation of the Maverick Master Angler brand and, BAM!  We have a proven winner right out the gate!  Personally, I would like to see the MA 21 brought back - even if it came back as a high-performance-hybrid 22 with a bustle transom, walk-on gunwales, pad on the keel, and rated for Big Horsepower.  Heck, even some bass pros would probably want one. :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, geeviam said:

I would like to see the MA 21 brought back - even if it came back as a high-performance-hybrid 22 with a bustle transom, walk-on gunwales, pad on the keel, and rated for Big Horsepower. 

This right here along with... Front and rear decks, walk on gunnel rod lockers and a stand up console / lean post livewell.  A mix between a 21 Master Angler and a 21 Fusion.  Oh and make it 23 feet long!  

• Like 3

I hope the market is going away from boats that float and fish in super shallow water and start buying really large bay boats that will mean less boats fishing in the areas that I like to fish in . I never thought that I would see a 26 foot Maverick .  Joe R

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lap it Up said:

Front and rear decks, walk on gunnel rod lockers and a stand up console / lean post livewell.  A mix between a 21 Master Angler and a 21 Fusion.  Oh and make it 23 feet long!

Your MA 23 ideas sound great!  Then maybe the new MA 21 could be designed more like the original, with the sharp vee entry, for the MA purists out there.  No bustle transom or transom pocket needed - just a pad on the keel for lift and high performance.  You can make your own setback with a jack plate instead, if you want, like in the attached picture of the Egret 2011 transom.  The Egret is ugly to me, compared to the sleeker lines of the classic MA.  The Egret 2011 has an 11" draft, 1100 LB Kevlar weight, and runs rock-steady at 74 mph with a Merc 250 ProXS at WOT.  Maximum hp rating is 350!  A prettier, sexier MA 21 with the same specs would kick ***!

Egrt_2011_pad.jpg

• Like 1

I wonder if building larger bay/near shore boats has anything to do with all the restrictions popping up in so many of the back country and shallow water fishing spots. Lots of new speed limits , longer and larger idle areas , no motor zone . Makes me think Maverick was thinking about building larger boats before they built a new much larger facility . Seems like today’s near shore fisherman wants something larger than the 18-21 foot that was very popular back in the day . 

• Like 1

This boat will be a rockstar on the Pamlico sound.  That place is 7' deep just about eberywhere, is 80 miles wide, and gets really snotty in any kind of wind, but produces some of the best fishing I have ever seen in my life.   I wish I could get MBG to drag one up here and show it off to that crowd.  Orders would be rolling in like crazy.