New Master Angler???

slyshon

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, linesider 159 said:

My guess is 26hps bottom with an open layout cap. 

Yep, and I would think they went with less of a transom deadrise to get the draft down and probably will be similar to what Egret has done with the 21' Moccasin, which I think is really a great layout. 

And let the speculations begin...lol. All I know is that at 26' this is going to be a beast of a "Flats/Hybrid" boat that will set a new bar.  I see this being the modern day "flatback" west coast style tarpon machine. 

Name:  15178320_1304085419647848_5922791700260416034_n_zpspsdhkw9z.jpg Views: 618 Size:  147.1 KB

44 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

Would be a bummer to lose the original MAs sharp entry and great ride.  Not sure how the HPS compares, but the MA hull is what makes it famous

The MA has a nice ride and while I’ve never ridden in the 26 but I’m quite confident it’s likely gonna be impressive in comparison. 

Trying to think if anyone builds anything even close to this ...🤔

7 minutes ago, justfish said:

The MA has a nice ride and while I’ve never ridden in the 26 but I’m quite confident it’s likely gonna be impressive in comparison. 

Trying to think if anyone builds anything even close to this ...🤔

Shearwater 260 Carolina Flare and it's priceyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

First slide

36 minutes ago, FMB MEGALOPS said:

Shearwater 260 Carolina Flare and it's priceyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

First slide

I thought Shearwater did. That’s still little more of a bay boat with the recessed deck. And ugly as sin...

I was thinking Young was making one too, but maybe not. 

2 minutes ago, justfish said:

I thought Shearwater did. That’s still little more of a bay boat with the recessed deck. And ugly as sin...

I was thinking Young was making one too, but maybe not. 

Yep, I agree. Not sure which way the new MA will go. Being that PF has such a bay boat presence and just came out with the 2500, I can only assume it has to be lower gunnels, less deadrise etc....The 26' size is throwing me off. I could understand coming off the 23' HPS hull, but 26' seems very long to put the MA name on it. 

36 minutes ago, FMB MEGALOPS said:

Yep, I agree. Not sure which way the new MA will go. Being that PF has such a bay boat presence and just came out with the 2500, I can only assume it has to be lower gunnels, less deadrise etc....The 26' size is throwing me off. I could understand coming off the 23' HPS hull, but 26' seems very long to put the MA name on it. 

^^^^^^This^^^^^   I sat around last night and tried to imagin my 18 if it were 7 ft longer. . . . wow.  There is obviously a market though, or MBG wouldnt be producing it.  I have to admit that the sheerwater pic was pretty attractive.  Great layout for kids, low gunnels would make sandbar sessions a ball.   And lets be honest, the majority of folks use boats primarily for recrational activities vs. serious hardcore fishing.   A 26 might just fit that bill.

And I am 100% on board if bringing the name back on a 26 opens the door for a 21 and an 18!

Would have been waaaaaay cheaper to let me take over the reigns of the MBC from Mr Deal as discussed earlier and bring back the tiller Micro and beef up the transom of the 21 MA to accept a Vrod 400R. 

.... and we would have won the skiff challenge with Shane and I piloting the HPXV 17. Just sayin'. 

Archived