New gen vs old gen pathfinder.

floridacowboy

Just read one of the other threads on this topic but have a couple more questions.

First, when did they actually make hull changes on the 22 and the 24?  Have a budget of around 35k and found a few boats in the 04-08 range with new repower SHO's.  But wanted to know the years of each model that really make a difference.   

Thanks for the help.  

Not sure on the 24, but the old style 2200V was made in 2007, 2008, and 2009.  During those same years, they were also making the new style 2200XL.  So  there was overlap, I guess depending on which hull a customer wanted.

Don't quote me on this, but I think the running surface is the same (I think the hull is several inches longer).  The hull is deeper, with higher sides, so a little more freeboard.  This was to handle the heavier 4 strokes, and also cure the issue of water on the deck coming back through the scuppers.   The scupper deck drains on the old style hull were toward the middle, while in the new style hull, I think the drains are to the outside of the deck.  The old style hull had a 20 inch transom, while the new style had a 25 inch transom.   Another improvement was the recessed trim tabs.  And of course, all this did add some weight.   I think that sums up most of the "major" changes. 

1 hour ago, floridacowboy said:

Are there major changes between the old and the new style 22?  All I've heard is that they are a bit bigger and heavier?

Pathfinder 2200 prior to 2002 had a different cap. After 2002  anchor locker was redesigned, the big front deck hatch was included,  they got rid of the cushioned rod locker lids, they widened the gunnels, used pop up cleats instead of exposed cleats, and I believe started including a release well.

In 2007 the 2200 was offered in an XL model. The XL had 25" transom, recessed tabs, and weighed about 200 lbs. more than the 2200V with the same power.

In 2011 the 2200 TRS is introduced.  TRS= third row seat for the 2 folding seats located on the aft deck.The TRS deck is nine inches longer than the 2200 XL, the TRS has a larger foredeck with bigger anchor locker. The TRS hull uses the same  running surface and has the same length at the waterline as the 2200 XL. TRS also has the 25" transom of the XL. The TRS weighs about 235 lbs more than the XL, or 435 lbs. more than the V.

Archived