Sign in to follow this  
RockyG

New Bimini Top for 2200 TRS

After a lot of research I  finally pulled the trigger on a new Bimini Top for my 2017 2200 TRS. I ordered a Carver brand top knowing that it would not fit exactly like I wanted it to, but I was also confident I could do some fabrication work to make it right.  

I ordered : 

Carver 7 oz. Sun-DURA Bimini Top in Black with Stainless hardware. 
Application: Height 60" Width 79"-84" Length 96" 

When the top arrived I was very pleased with the quality of the top and components. Everything was beefy and looked built to last. I had to narrow the entire top 2" so that it would fit between the gunnels but the results were worth the effort. 

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG

IMG_0302.JPG

• Like 3

You have a nice ride!!!!!  I have flirted several times with getting a bimini,  thinking I could use it during the hot summer when we are just using the boat for dinner runs and booze cruises and such, and still be able to take it off for serious fishing in the fall and winter.    I think you done good!

Thank you JEM. I won it last year in the CCA Florida Star Fishing Tournament. It's been my dream boat for years.

Looks good, Bimini tops are ugly for sure. But you sure do get over that quickly and learn to appreciate them once you have had one. I just had one made for my boat at AB Custom canvas. He works out of Central Florida Marine.  I use it when fishing with the family or fishing in Charlotte Harbour. If I am going down to Choko the top comes off and stays in the garage at home. To many tight spots in the back country with low overhanging mangroves to use it down there. 

97EF368A-4AA6-4449-A502-281601592CB6.jpeg

7235A49C-3D85-49D4-BFEF-9306669D7A86.jpeg

9A4FEE41-CCA4-4DC5-A434-FDF8198ADE1F.jpeg

A09F67CB-A1E5-4732-ACA8-04F14FA92C03.jpeg

• Like 1

Ok now your rubbing salt in a wound! Won that beautiful boat !!  That’s a pretty awesome rig to own for your fishing ability. Good job sir 

ohh I like the top as well.. did you use the quick disconnect fittings to attach it?

never really understood the hate for biminis as I value functionality over aesthetics....the associated hardware (aka toe stubbers, short rippers, crud collectors...) i get.  However, over the last few years i seen numerous options for flush mount hardware with alleviates that hate.  Enjoy the shade and the boat sir!

That's a good looking top there Linesider. I like the Accon Marine quick disconnect hardware. I used the hardware that came with the SS upgrade package from Carver. Since mine is mounted inside the gunnels most of the hardware is in a corner and out of the way. The main center pivot mount will be a leg catcher so I plan to upgrade to the Accon hardware this fall.  

Thank you for the comments on the boat. I have owned flats skiffs for many many (many) years and recently bought a small older Bay boat as I'm getting too old to enjoy poling. Winning this boat has been a dream come true. 

I am in awe of some of the rigs I see on here........ the 22's like mine, and the 23's, 24's, 25's with 300's and all the toys. I'm sure you guys enjoy your  Pathfinders as much as I am enjoying mine. 

The second pic is my 80 year old Mom enjoying that Bimini top.  :)

IMG_0275.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

• Like 1

Rocky, I think I saw you pulling out of the Lanark ramp on Sunday. Nice boat. I have a blue 2200V. Mine came with a factory bimini top but I never use it. Its stored in my carport. I feel like it gets in the way if you are fishing 2 or 3 guys and throwing top water all day. Enjoy your new ride. Next time I see you, I'll have to say hi. 

That was me for sure. We keep our RV down at Lanark several months of the year. Next time come over and say hello. Always happy to meet a fellow Pathy owner. 

And yes.......the Bimini really cannot be fished around. I only put it on the boat when it gets this hot, use it when running and eating lunch, and then drop it down to fish. 

On 6/18/2018 at 3:23 PM, RockyG said:

After a lot of research I  finally pulled the trigger on a new Bimini Top for my 2017 2200 TRS. I ordered a Carver brand top knowing that it would not fit exactly like I wanted it to, but I was also confident I could do some fabrication work to make it right.  

I ordered : 

Carver 7 oz. Sun-DURA Bimini Top in Black with Stainless hardware. 
Application: Height 60" Width 79"-84" Length 96" 

When the top arrived I was very pleased with the quality of the top and components. Everything was beefy and looked built to last. I had to narrow the entire top 2" so that it would fit between the gunnels but the results were worth the effort. 

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG

IMG_0302.JPG

FWIW, I think it looks great.  I’m going to a Bimini for mine after realizing I don’t want to to spend the money on a ttop. 

• Like 2

What were the modifications you did to the top. I think I’m going to do this exact setup. Looks great. Where did you order it and about how much do you have in the entire setup. Thanks for any input. 

I ordered the top from Coverquest.com. Just under $660 shipped.

I had to narrow the width by 2 inches to get it to fit down between the gunnels as you can see in the pics. I removed 1" from each end of the 4 bows that span left to right and relocated the screws that hold it together. Pretty simple, it's aluminium tube that's easy to cut and drill. 

I have used the top a lot in the last few weeks and it's been awesome. 

That looks really nice! I simply stopped fishing in the summer for the most part. I'm an inshore/artificial guy and the fishing in the summer just isn't worth it to me anymore. I must say I'll stick 'em in the grass when we have flood tides (next week and through October). Having a wife and 2.5 year old that love boating as much as I do, I give them the summers cruising and hitting the sandbar and I take the 'miserable' winters for fishing....schooled up reds, oh darn. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BradM said:

That looks really nice! I simply stopped fishing in the summer for the most part. I'm an inshore/artificial guy and the fishing in the summer just isn't worth it to me anymore. I must say I'll stick 'em in the grass when we have flood tides (next week and through October). Having a wife and 2.5 year old that love boating as much as I do, I give them the summers cruising and hitting the sandbar and I take the 'miserable' winters for fishing....schooled up reds, oh darn. 

sounds a lot like my world!