Bow seat post for pathfinder 2500

marzomi

I bought a swivel eeze pin post because i believed this was the correct post for my bow seat base.   It goes in about 1/2 and inch and stopped hard.  It doesnt go in  deep enough for the fat part of the seat post to rest against the wider gas cap opening so its very wobbly

Any ideas?

20180617_142138.jpg

i fixed it myself Skip.  if i brought it there i lose too many days.  i turned around the repair in 2 days.  My motto is dont own a boat if u cannot fix anything that they present u  :)

i just find this kind of thing frustrating.   if the assembly folks tried to insert a seat pole they would have immediately seen the error.

Mine was off center also, but only a little, was able to ream out the bushing enough to get it to fit. Yes, if humans are involved issues can occur, but humans can develop processes to build in quality and also check things to make sure a customer does not have to deal with the problem. Every time an issue is brought up the answer is always ‘that is what dealers are for’. Frankly I am tired of fixing issues on my boat that should have been caught at the factory. Have been involved in manufacturing for almost 34 years (Mechanical Engineer & 6 Sigma Black Belt) and MBC is definitely lacking in the quality department. Have bought two new MBC boats, but will need some convincing for there to be a third.

I like and enjoy my boat, but too many other guys out there have stepped up their game. Not trying to bad mouth, just telling it like it is. I am retiring soon, would even offer to review and make suggestions on how to improve things there if someone would take me fishing.

Archived