Happy Fathers day, boys!

whichwaysup

My day was spent on the ground by 9:30 A.M.! This is one of the few years we arrive on Fathers day to our time share, typically we leave on fathers day. Worked my butt off on the boat for the last three days prior, 8-9 hours a day sweating like a pig, just trying to get the boat done after the gas tank replacement and installing all new wiring. All of those three days were either under a console or in a bilge and of course to get to those areas you have to climb in and out of the boat every time! Wife found me throwing up in the back yard Sunday, been out there since 6:30 A.M. loading, and I collapsed to the ground and she just started hosing me off to cool me down. Good news I survived, but those three days of heat and the sweating and my BP medications left my body screwed up. After a little while I felt better, got a big glass of water headed to Key Largo by 11 A.M. to drop the boat in at Caribbean club boat ramp and then I started suffering from serious craps in my hands and arms as soon as I was backing off the trailer. Made it to the hotel, wife went to the grocery store and got me some Gatorade and I drank a six pack of it and by the evening, hanging with all my friends I felt better.

There's A lot more to the story but I can tell you one thing, I wired both of my bilge pumps correctly!:D 

1 hour ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

My day was spent on the ground by 9:30 A.M.! This is one of the few years we arrive on Fathers day to our time share, typically we leave on fathers day. Worked my butt off on the boat for the last three days prior, 8-9 hours a day sweating like a pig, just trying to get the boat done after the gas tank replacement and installing all new wiring. All of those three days were either under a console or in a bilge and of course to get to those areas you have to climb in and out of the boat every time! Wife found me throwing up in the back yard Sunday, been out there since 6:30 A.M. loading, and I collapsed to the ground and she just started hosing me off to cool me down. Good news I survived, but those three days of heat and the sweating and my BP medications left my body screwed up. After a little while I felt better, got a big glass of water headed to Key Largo by 11 A.M. to drop the boat in at Caribbean club boat ramp and then I started suffering from serious craps in my hands and arms as soon as I was backing off the trailer. Made it to the hotel, wife went to the grocery store and got me some Gatorade and I drank a six pack of it and by the evening, hanging with all my friends I felt better.

There's A lot more to the story but I can tell you one thing, I wired both of my bilge pumps correctly!:D 

Annnnnnd . . .  A perfect ending to a perfect day!  LOL - that was the kind of Father's day I like to have - push yourself to the absolute limit and beyond, try to kill yourself in the process.   Otherwise, it was kinda a boring day!  :)

2 hours ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Best thing you can do for yourself is to go get a big bottle of salt tablets from a pharmacy.  It will make all the difference in the world.  Believe me!!!!!!!

That's funny, my BP medication helps pull salt out of my system. I just started this whole routine so I don't know what the heck is going on. I can tell you this, I have never been like that before even working in engine rooms since I was 17 and in the sun until the age of 36 until I got an office job. Maybe I am just older and fatter and need to slow down, freaked me out I can tell you that!

Archived