Trim Tab Power

justdriftin

At least on my 2006 22', the trim tabs switches are wired as "crossover", so the power is NOT on the center contacts like all the other switches. In a crossover wiring, the LOAD is on the center contacts.   

Image result for crossover DPDT switch

Power is applied to what would normally be the output side of a DPDT switch.  It switches the polarity of the power to the motor (M) depending on which way it is closed.  

Thanks for the replies.  It doesn't seem like mine goes to main fuse panel.  I have a fuse that feeds the main switch panel, with breakers on the switches.  The other fuses on that panel just feed stuff that isn't on a switch.  It either comes off a leg from that main feed, or isn't fused.  I really doubt it would not have a fuse in front of it somewhere.  This will be fun to track down, I almost have to get my whole upper body in the console to see the switches and wiring on this this rig.

Justdriftin, 

On my ‘08 2200TE, I lost power to the tabs. Turned out, it was a bad breaker in the panel containing the main batt switch. That breaker is not manufactured any more, nor is a complete replacement panel. I searched EVERYWHERE!

So, I now have a single marine breaker, hanging off zip ties in the console behind the panel. Working fine for 1 1/2 years now.

(If anyone knows where I could get a breaker or complete panel, please let me know. It drives me nuts!)

I recently redid my  panel. The battery selector crapped out (plastic tabs broke that held the spring and contacts in place) and the screws on the back of the breakers were rusted in place.  I was able to get everything i needed off ebay to change the selector and an breakers.  The only difference is the breakers i got dont have screw in connectors on the backside they have spade terminals to accept female fittings.  From the front it looks identical to stock.  Pics below are before the repairs.

breaker panel front.jpg

breaker panel back.jpg

On 6/18/2018 at 6:32 PM, brune90 said:

I recently redid my  panel. The battery selector crapped out (plastic tabs broke that held the spring and contacts in place) and the screws on the back of the breakers were rusted in place.  I was able to get everything i needed off ebay to change the selector and an breakers.  The only difference is the breakers i got dont have screw in connectors on the backside they have spade terminals to accept female fittings.  From the front it looks identical to stock.  Pics below are before the repairs.

breaker panel front.jpg

breaker panel back.jpg

Holy smokes!!!

I hope the new one gets a little CRC and some dielectric grease?

Archived