Recirc pump

D-linesider

Previous owner removed the recirculation pump motor and plungged the inlet. The cartridge for the pump motor is still in place so I removed the plug re-installed an intake screen and snapped in a new rule 700gph motor. Tested it out today and it was pouring water out all around between the new motor and the cartridge that holds it. Any insight or advice on what went wrong or why this thing is leaking like it is would be greatly appreciated. Am I missing an O-ring? Wrong sized pump motor? 

Just went through this myself. The pump bases that were produced at the time my boat was built (2005) were very poor quality, and susceptible to cracking. Replacing the pump motor doesn’t help. All three of mine were leaking, replaced them with new Rule tournament series pumps. It looked intimidating at first, but actually was a very simple replacement. No more leaks. 

Just went through the same thing this weekend.  Replaced both recirc pumps on my 2008 2400TE w/ the newer style Rule.  Both pumps were spewing water into the bilge.  Check the seal on the back of the spray heads and all of the hose clamps.  They were leaking too.  One needed a new spray head the other a whole new water hose.  I would have a length of hose and spray head on hand just so you don't have to run to West Marine 3 times like me :) .  You can always return it if you don't need it.

20180610_120330.jpg

Archived