Pathfinder tournament radio replacement

Svu0312

I bought a 2017 22 pathfinder tournament with the Marine Audio radio unit mounted in the console.  I hate this unit and wondered if anyone has replaced their unit and has pictures of how they filled or covered the hole its mounted in.  The shape and size of the unit makes it very hard to replace and I didn't want to add a large VHF if possible.  I have attached an image and the unit is an odd size for a replacement head unit.  Any feedback is appreciated.

IMG_6549.thumb.JPG.c34d003ae8a412fe582fce8774c2ecfe.JPG

if your new radio is smaller either by height or width, you may end up buying a small piece of white starboard and installing your new radio into the starboard and then cover the larger hole with the nice neatly trimmed piece of white starboard. If you use a router on the edges of starboard it will look just fine. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just changed the radio in my boat. I went with a clarion  GR10BT.. it is a round head unit with blue tooth. Wanting  the blue tooth is why I changed my old stereo. 

This unit obviously would not fill your current hole. My thought was if you were to place a vhf in the current cut out, you could relocate to this smaller head unit. 

D8C07177-0490-4C3D-BD56-EC039AC7F4B5.jpeg

Archived