GPS/Finder Combo decisions

rubble

Still trying to decide which route to go with a GPS/Finder unit (or two).  

I believe I want to move into the Humminbird platform because it has some versatility.  It has the new MEGA imaging which has great reviews and also has the 360 option.  With the freshwater fishing I do in KY, TN, AL it will be perfect.  It should also be good for some areas in FL but I'm wondering if anyone is using the 360 option with Inshore/Nearshore success?   Are there any issues with Corrosion... Is the Ducer and pole salt friendly?    The guys at cumberlandcrappie.com are right down the road from me and they seem to have the best setup for the 360 on the bow with an Ulterra Riptide iPilot   http://www.cumberlandcrappie.com/accessories.html

May eventually go Humminbird at the CC as well but I don't necessarily have to have the same setup there.  May look at the Simrad options but it would be nice to be able to network the front and back units in case I want to see the 360 view from the helm but I'm thinking I'd more likely be looking at the side and down imaging when I'm searching with the big motor.    Is anyone familiar with Humminbird's coastal mapping and options?

Sounds like Simrad has really taken over in the coastal mapping.  If I were only fishing those areas, I think I'd definitely go with Simrad over the rest.

Any info on the Hbird's out in the salt would be great.  Looking at the Helix 9 thru 12 MEGA, SI G2N units.

360 is nice for fishing near shore reefs.

It allows you to keep the reef in perspective as the boat swings on the ipilot 

One of my fishing partners moved up to the hybrid and regrets switching from hummingbird to garmin. The bow setup for garmin transducer is ridiculous 

Archived